My new toy.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac1

Looks lovely, enjoy, nothing to worry about over fixed chokes, just one less thing to worry about.   I picked one up at the Perazzi factory last week (visit organised by John Jeffries of HPX fame), it was a black action model with the colours of the Italian flag.

Thank you guy's. Just got to put some more lead through it. Still unsure weather to have the choke's opened up a bit to 3/8 & 5/8. I'll see how I get on the more I use it.

Looks lovely, enjoy, nothing to worry about over fixed chokes, just one less thing to worry about.   I picked one up at the Perazzi factory last week (visit organised by John Jeffries of HPX fame), it was a black action model with the colours of the Italian flag.
Nice. I like the flag colours

The problem with having any gun altered from a standard specification is that it devalues its resale value .

Learn to centre it on the clays and 3/4 & Full will be ideal .

You could leave the chokes alone (personally I would have it opened up to half and half for ESP use) but I suggest you avoid expensive cartridges, especially with size 7 shot. I was in exactly your position when I first bought my P gun and close targets were almost impossible with those chokes and the Clever T3 7 shot I was using at the time. Pattern test revealed all.. I suggest you use something like Gamebore EVO in 8 shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with having any gun altered from a standard specification is that it devalues its resale value .

Learn to centre it on the clays and 3/4 & Full will be ideal .
Thanks Pete. I'm still on the side of 3/4 & full.

You could leave the chokes alone (personally I would have it opened up to half and half for ESP use) but I suggest you avoid expensive cartridges, especially with size 7 shot. I was in exactly your position when I first bought my P gun and close targets were almost impossible with those chokes and the Clever T3 7 shot I was using at the time. Pattern test revealed all.. I suggest you use something like Gamebore EVO in 8 shot.
I'm using Lyavale Super Comp 8's They seam to be doing ok but thanks for that info.

3/4 and full are just variations of 1/2 anyway 😉
+1...    Don't change it.. you will ruin the resale value.  The % pattern size between 1/2 and 3/4 /full isn't worth bothering about. As chokes are a black art. Opening it  up could actually make it throw tighter patterns.. 

Out it this way as it stands I would buy it. Open it out,  I wouldn't. 

I used to help out a young  lad from Hampshire about 25 years ago he has always used tight chokes , even for skeet .

I think he still uses tight chokes in a Guerini.

Brian Hebditch said my Miroku was too tightly choked at Full & Ex Full , so I bought another choked half & half , and another multichoked , and a Perazzi & and a DT 10, and a K80 and a Percours, and a couple of C&G Summits , I'm still useless but prefer my original Miroku . 

That depends on the alterations, IMO.

Adding a stock that fits only you devalues the gun because it most likely will fit no one else.

Adding an adjustable comb will most likely enhance the value since now it's more versatile.

Lightly opening such tight chokes to 1/2 and 3/4 or 1/4 and 1/2 should not hurt its value much at all.  Opening them to SKT/SKT, that's something else.

I used to help out a young  lad from Hampshire about 25 years ago he has always used tight chokes , even for skeet .

Brian Hebditch said my Miroku was too tightly choked at Full & Ex Full , so I bought another choked half & half , and another multichoked , and a Perazzi & and a DT 10, and a K80 and a Percours, and a couple of C&G Summits , I'm still useless but prefer my original Miroku . 
☺️☺️☺️ I like it. Sounds a lot like me Pete. Miroku, Browning, CG Benelli, Krieghoff and now a Perazzi. I think if the law was to look at my past they might think I'm dealing 😁😁😁 In guns that is

+1...    Don't change it.. you will ruin the resale value.  The % pattern size between 1/2 and 3/4 /full isn't worth bothering about. As chokes are a black art. Opening it  up could actually make it throw tighter patterns.. 

Out it this way as it stands I would buy it. Open it out,  I wouldn't. 
Thanks very much for that

Almost the same route but back to Miroku too !

Did Brian sell you guns??

That depends on the alterations, IMO.

Adding a stock that fits only you devalues the gun because it most likely will fit no one else.

Adding an adjustable comb will most likely enhance the value since now it's more versatile.

Lightly opening such tight chokes to 1/2 and 3/4 or 1/4 and 1/2 should not hurt its value much at all.  Opening them to SKT/SKT, that's something else.
I'd go one further and say it may even make it more saleable, not everyone out there is under the misapprehension that if "3/4-Full" is good enough for XYZ it's good enough for me.........😐.........in the vast majority of cases it will cost you misses and hold you back. 

Very nice gun.

Interesting how different people view what the 'market' desires viz chokes, comb raisers, stock configuration etc etc.

For me; I would either take the chokes out a little (say 5/8 in both) or have it Teagued (so that I can change the chokes for game and clays).

If somebody advertised a similar gun with an aftermarket comb conversion I wouldn't even consider it - because it would almost certainly have wrecked the original balance....... 

I've been looking for a lightly used Perazzi recently and it is  a minefield as every one is different. Going to the factory and building one  does have a certain appeal..........

Latest posts

Back