My new toy.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice gun.

Interesting how different people view what the 'market' desires viz chokes, comb raisers, stock configuration etc etc.

For me; I would either take the chokes out a little (say 5/8 in both) or have it Teagued (so that I can change the chokes for game and clays).

If somebody advertised a similar gun with an aftermarket comb conversion I wouldn't even consider it - because it would almost certainly have wrecked the original balance....... 

I've been looking for a lightly used Perazzi recently and it is  a minefield as every one is different. Going to the factory and building one  does have a certain appeal..........
The 'every one is different' comment is especially true for Perazzi as having a gun custom made for you need not cost you anymore unless you do make the pilgrimage to the factory and get taken into the stock/fore end store...if you have a thing about nice wood there are some beautiful blanks in there £££££.   I took these pictures a week ago today, Tuesday 26th June:

Perazzi Stock store

Perazzi Stock Store 2

Having had two guns made for me via John Jeffries I can say that even if you have all the documentation  (a slip of paper with the stock dimensions) there is nothing that says it was made for a specific individual which could make buying a used one tricky...

That depends on the alterations, IMO.

Adding a stock that fits only you devalues the gun because it most likely will fit no one else.

Adding an adjustable comb will most likely enhance the value since now it's more versatile.

Lightly opening such tight chokes to 1/2 and 3/4 or 1/4 and 1/2 should not hurt its value much at all.  Opening them to SKT/SKT, that's something else.
I have to totally disagree with that statement. I have recently bought a 10 years old Browning 20 bore Heritage. The stock has been altered dramatically from the standard measurements, however the minute I picked it up in the shop, I knew I would be able to shoot it.  My first time out I did a 79/100 (Sporting) with it. That was using 5 different brand/load 20 bore cartridges from 21 to 28 grams and 8 to 6 shot, with the odd 5 shot chucked in too.  My Westley Richards was fitted for me by the makers back in the 70's, everyone who has used that gun has shot it well. I would say that a very high percentage of clay and game shooters are all using 'off the peg' guns and NEVER even consider having their gunfit checked. It is a question I ask at most game shoots, around the lunch table. Some of these people are shooting 4/5 days per week and paying upwards of £600/day and maybe 1 in 10 will have had any form of gun fitting.  I would agree that if one has a 'custom' stock made complete with a 'glove' grip or an exceptionally customised stock to cater for an unusual disability, then your statement would probably be correct, but run of the mill alterations to cast/bend/drop or length will probably go unnoticed. 

Presume this was not registered!!

Regards

Leigh
It would not have mattered, the writing had all worn off anyway.    The boxes were in a bin on the car park.    !    :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back