perazzi mx 2008

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

does anyone on here who regularly shoots trap use an mx2008?

or,

has any one tried one?

I'm suffering from quite a bad neck and back injuries and have a 15mm raised rib (which was loads better than a flat rib for pain/discomfort). but just wondering if a further raised rib might help reduce recoil, tension in the neck and back from lowering my head....?

Its just a thought and might be a dumb one!

id be interested in peoples opinions of this too newbie .. after years of impact sports (rugby, martial arts etc) I've been left with a form of arthritis that affects my neck (which leads to loss of left arm if aggravated) and have not shot any comps for over a year .. but ready to start again as its under control now .. and will be looking for a new trap gun so any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
2008s are rarely used even by the double-trap shooters - the rib is huge. There's been one for sale on the open market for a while with no takers. The MX-2005 as used by Peter Wilson is the most common but even in OT there's only a handful. One of the best exponents is Vigano - see him on the Tucson OT finals video where Matt has linked for gunmount.
thanks 40UP, your advice is appreciated.

I guess i'm clutching at straws as been increasingly frustrated with the residual neck/back pain after shoting and hope that there is something out there that will help.

any advice re precision stocks (look fugly and a bit like a pogo stick), surely the gun must bouce between shots?

i'm hoping it will be as simple as a propoer gun fit or a nill grip but dont like what this feels like right now. :-(

I can help with the Precision Stock as i've shot one for years on a Krieghoff K80. They offer are adjustable in just about every way as well as recoil reduction. I can say that no other device (although i've not tried a nill-grip) reduces recoil as much. Because the recoil is transmitted straight back into the shoulder and cushioned by the device's springs there is no noticicle muzzle flip. Some can't live with the looks but for me the gun is just a tool for breaking targets.

They take some getting used to and I suggest you shoot at least a couple of hundred targets before committing to one.

I think that before you do anything at all you need to visit a good coach. He will be able to give you advice as to the best way to cure the problem. It could be something as simple as changing your stance or changing how high up you mount your gun. Seeing a good coach could save you a lot of money in the long run! :)

Latest posts

Back