beretta rubbish service again!!!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danq

it must be me . I cant believe a company like beretta treats its customers so off handedly rudely and so disinterestedly.

I bought a new thicker gelstock butt pad for my al391 semi, because I continue to suffer from recoil as I have osteo arthritis .

looked at thei European web store and found the thicker one that I needed magic reduced from £41  to £19   so thought I would buy the trueglo bad replacement as mine had fallen out.

they arrived in double quick time  wonderfull

got the gun out to go shooting and swapped the butt pad ( its easy just a slid clip ) and the pad I have got is about 15mm longer than the one I have NOT GOOD.

NEVER MIND PUT THE TRUEGLO IN AND IT FELL STRAIGHT OUT  it seems too small in dia . I have read on a usa forum that beretta did change the size part way rhrough. production

ok so I mailed beretta   the reply was just what I expected , I ordered the wrong one and I need to go to a gunsmith to have the plastic rod fitted properly. wonderfully helpfull

they said there were 2 lengths of butt stock pad and I ordered the wrong one ,their website gives no dimensions and no clue as to what you need just search for al391 arts and you get the one I bought.

totally fed up and pi***d off again with beretta , regret buying the bloody gun will never buy anything beretta again, will  lok for a decent browning now, should have done it last time they upset what a shower

that's my rant done

Errr... so .. you bought the wrong thing online rather than the  gunshop to save a couple of quid and when you uncover your mistake it's some elses fault and so you slate them in the public domain... 

They do state the size of the bead, as for the pad, it was cheap. Oh well, never mind, its not the end of the world.  :)

it must be me . I cant believe a company like beretta treats its customers so off handedly rudely and so disinterestedly.

I bought a new thicker gelstock butt pad for my al391 semi, because I continue to suffer from recoil as I have osteo arthritis .

looked at thei European web store and found the thicker one that I needed magic reduced from £41  to £19   so thought I would buy the trueglo bad replacement as mine had fallen out.

got the gun out to go shooting and swapped the butt pad ( its easy just a slid clip ) and the pad I have got is about 15mm longer than the one I have NOT GOOD.

NEVER MIND PUT THE TRUEGLO IN AND IT FELL STRAIGHT OUT  it seems too small in dia . I have read on a usa forum that beretta did change the size part way rhrough. production

ok so I mailed beretta   the reply was just what I expected , I ordered the wrong one and I need to go to a gunsmith to have the plastic rod fitted properly. wonderfully helpfull

they said there were 2 lengths of butt stock pad and I ordered the wrong one ,their website gives no dimensions and no clue as to what you need just search for al391 arts and you get the one I bought.

totally fed up and pi***d off again with beretta , regret buying the bloody gun will never buy anything beretta again, will  lok for a decent browning now, should have done it last time they upset what a shower

that's my rant done
If you are talking semi auto's then you could struggle finding a 'decent Browning'  !

What did you want Betetta to say? Not being rude but I'm not sure what your complaint is. You ordered the wrong thing, just return it for a refund and consider it a lesson in researching before you purchase. 

...also, it's worth reading what you've written before you hit 'submit', as your rant is quite hard to decipher. 

Last edited by a moderator:
in the op's defence I think his point is that the website did not clearly give dimensions or the fact that there was a choice of two.

ps

we all have a rant from time to time ?

that's my rant done
Do you mean the Gel tek recoil pad ? If so and you suffer from recoil then in all honesty I am convinced you could do far better as the gel tek don't appear to have received much in the way of positive reviews. There are many ways of combatting recoil induced problems including 24g shells and pads such as the Isis green or Sorbothane both of which are available in different thicknesses but they do need grinding to fit. 

Depending on whether you're prepared to spend the money and change guns though I think the stand out best thing you could do is to px your current gun for another Beretta semi but one which is factory fitted with their kick off system. The difference in recoil fatigue with these compared to just good pads is vast and well worth investing in if you really want to address recoil. Some people are put off by the inevitable compression shuffle phase of these types of devices but trust me you get used to it very quickly and never look back. 

at least ips understood me and yes he is right if you search for a butt stock plate you get offered the one I bought and yes if you scour the website you can find 2 that are available the only dimensions given are the thickness and I went for the thick one . they do not tell you that they are different lengths. to answer worcs. the information is not available on the web site and I did expect thm to sympatrhetically reply and offer to change it ,

this as I said is not the first time I have been dissatisfied with beretta after service

as far as I am concerne I ordered the only part shown after a search on their website

sorry if any of you think I am out of order but when I was working customer was king regardless of size and we did everything we possibly could to ensure they were happy and would recommend us shame about beretta attitude.

sorry about mis spelling and punctuation but I am an engineer not an English teacher

if you don't like my post don't read it

dan

hamster

take your point I was almost buying one of the isis units but managed to get a look at a couple of used ones and found they both had suffered from the damper failing springs seemed ok  ut the damper was the heart of the unit .

probably just get a sorbothane or something I can fit it myself but I thought it would be better to by the beretta  branded unit clearly  was wrong

thanks dor the info

dan

Now i hate GMK the British importer with a fervour they are a shower of sh*te but the estore is great.highly discounted products and unbelievable delivery times!

It states that the 2 pads are differentiated between field and competition guns for the stock dimensions,seems fairly simple and you have presumably ordered a competition pad for a field gun?

Can't really see how you can blame a website for either not knowing which your gun is or not bothering to read the description properly?

schmokinn,

A very interesting thread this.

I know you have had issues with GMK but I can honestly say that I never have . I am sure that if Bjorn heard complaints someone / everyone would get a rocket .

Gordon Swatton is an exceptional Beretta Gunsmith and I know he is back at GMK after stretching his wings . Is he active or are gunrepairs being managed by an inefficient expert with a degree in Facebook? Which seems to be the norm in most inefficient repair organisations .

Danq, Why didn't you return the parts and re-order correct ones ? Seems simple enough to me .

schmokinn,

A very interesting thread this.

I know you have had issues with GMK but I can honestly say that I never have . I am sure that if Bjorn heard complaints someone / everyone would get a rocket .

Gordon Swatton is an exceptional Beretta Gunsmith and I know he is back at GMK after stretching his wings . Is he active or are gunrepairs being managed by an inefficient expert with a degree in Facebook? Which seems to be the norm in most inefficient repair organisations .

Danq, Why didn't you return the parts and re-order correct ones ? Seems simple enough to me .
Don't know who Bjorn is,took me barracking Karl Waktare for months with no reply before he instructed a minion to deal with me.

The outcome F all bloke was a cock asked me what i wanted them to do and then proceeded to do nothing and ignore me,as for the gunsmith i think they have a buffer issue as in somebody vets all the questions and if they think they know they tell you what they think the answer is.

Problem being is they obviously do not even when you supply them with detailed information and requests,as in you ask for a specific shim they tell you to use a dealer who has to waste his time going backwards and forwards for a month and then they say they don't do it even after being given the correct measurements and explaining why their knowledge is incorrect (i had the part in front of me) so i would go with "an inefficient expert with a degree in Facebook"

I have never had any problems dealing with beretta / gmk. But I have heard various tales from folk who have

I have no issues with GMK regarding warranty issues or servicing. They have provided me with a polite and efficient service. Must have been one of the lucky customers!

I have used the EStore on two occasions and have been impressed with their prices and their delivery times are exceptionally quick. The goods have arrived well packaged and all the paperwork is provided if anything needs to be returned. If only other companies provided such a service!

no problems with gmk myself if all I want is advice but they wont sell anything as they only sell to dealers their words not mine.

the beretta site is excellent on delivery not always on price though paperwork etc is fine its just their offhanded attitude if you dare to ask a question. when I first bought my semi I saw

that clearly stamped on the barrel was that the gun should not be operated untill  you have read the owners book which is available free from beretta . so I asked and was ignored I asked again and was ignored poked them hard and was still ignored. they eventually gave me a site I could download a pdf of the book about 6 weeks later so iasked could I buy an owners manual from them and got ignored again. I have the geltek pad for my stock but its not thick enough and asked the site if there was a thicker one and found the one I ordered there  was no dimensions as to the length .

I needed the angleded shell lifter as the straight one fitte occasionally misfed and my research found that it should be the curved one. gmk only had one for 20g beretta ignored my request brownells had lifters in stock but didn't know if they were bent or not and didn't have any pictures of them.

I eventually contacted coles in the usa  fantastic service and help they sent the part next day with instructions to fit a telephone number to call if I needed help and several emails to see how it was going FANTASTIC they sell all spares for all gfuns and will make what is not available that's customer service and I didn't have one of their guns BERETTA TAKE NOTE.

recommend coles usa anytime

dan

I have bought two high grade Beretta wood sets from Coles USA and again their products and service cannot be faulted.

Usually Beretta supply a hard copy of their manual with the guns. It is rather basic and a five minute read at best. If the manual is not supplied then a quick search on the internet as you found out will source sites where it is available to download. If you felt it necessary you could have printed the relevant pages from your computer.

I don't mind a bit of Beretta bashing when it is justified but in this instance the problem with the parts and the handbook has to a very great extent been self inflicted.

"asked the site if there was a thicker one and found the one I ordered there  was no dimensions as to the length ."

maybe you didn't read my earlier post or chose to ignore it...they state field or competition which are the 2 standard sizes/profiles for their stocks so they do differentiate just maybe not in the way you were looking for or you missed it.

schmokinn,

Shropshire Fact :- You cannot educate Pork.

Rich Cole is outstanding , exceptional service . Nearly as good as Gunmark used to be before Bjorn let his Son take over and become GMK.

A measure of slipping standards is that Karl allows his daughter to be taught by Nick Penn  !

The older I get the better my sarcasm becomes .

Just had a pop at four threads with one email ! Wow ! Progress?

I've used e store amd found it to be yhe answer to what initially seemed like an expensive problem. Last purchase was for a genuine  So4/5/ASE  type recoil pad. It arrived the next day.  

I use the estore all the time and its brilliant. Faster delivery than if I ordered in the UK, mostly cheaper (I pay on my halifax clarity credit card which does not charge a foreign transaction fee like most do) free returns via DHL and the one time I mistakenly ordered the wrong chokes they cancelled my initial order within an hour of messaging them. There is also a dedicated contact on beretta uk owners facebook page who is always willing to help with questions and provide discount codes (try STORE15 as that seems to always work).

Back