WTB SO5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a guy shoots one down here and to be honest it is very unreliable doubles and failures. I think the gun needs taken to a smith to have it sorted out but the guy likes tinkering... not a good idea. Guns that expensive need to be fettled by somebody who knows what they are about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice wood, dont like the gold washed ejectors though, just one step too far.

But as said the late S04's where better to shoot than most 5's, the very early 5's where stocked like a 4, so they are nice, but as time went on they went bulky as all the newer guns tended to do.

I know 2 people who shoot them. One works perfectly and the other is woefully unreliable......The fact that the decent one is maintained by a very, very good gunsmith might be a factor.

There is a guy shoots one down here and to be honest it is very unreliable doubles and failures. I think the gun needs taken to a smith to have it sorted out but the guy likes tinkering... not a good idea. Guns that expensive need to be fettled by somebody who knows what they are about.
Back in the motorcycle days we enjoyed the antics of the dedicated tinkerer as they "tuned the bike to a standstill".  Unfortunately the shooting world is replete with its own versions.  Pretty frightening some times what they can do to unfortunate guns.

Back in the motorcycle days we enjoyed the antics of the dedicated tinkerer as they "tuned the bike to a standstill".  Unfortunately the shooting world is replete with its own versions.  Pretty frightening some times what they can do to unfortunate guns.
I have no idea if this is actually true but it is said one of my fathers mates was tuning his BSA bantam you know trying to get the ignition timing bang on the nail and had the engine running backwards! Was a long time ago and the engines back then were the ultimate in simple so who know I am sure a simple transfer ported two stroke could probably go the reverse direction. But as to the gun nice thing but not really for me. As the one above I just could not own a gun with wood that colour give me a nice dark coloured wood with a nice graining please and checkering too hand would be slithering around with that polished grip.

I have no idea if this is actually true but it is said one of my fathers mates was tuning his BSA bantam you know trying to get the ignition timing bang on the nail and had the engine running backwards! Was a long time ago and the engines back then were the ultimate in simple so who know I am sure a simple transfer ported two stroke could probably go the reverse direction. But as to the gun nice thing but not really for me. As the one above I just could not own a gun with wood that colour give me a nice dark coloured wood with a nice graining please and checkering too hand would be slithering around with that polished grip.
timing is set for BTDC, on cr250 motors its 0.6mm, if there was a stopping of rpm at the right time the direction could be reversed.

timing is set for BTDC, on cr250 motors its 0.6mm, if there was a stopping of rpm at the right time the direction could be reversed.
Yes but a BSA bantam, lovely little thing though, is like a cheap watch by comparison :)   Anyway the old man said it happened so I have to go with it, he is not around to get the whole truth, but as you too say its possible too that must have been a hoot :)

Back