WTB SO5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you obviously haven't been paying attention during our recent outings Dave, I have nearly achieved 50% I will have you know.

but your right,I shall thrash him john cleese style with a branch, until it stings....a bit.

I had a nightmare last night ................................i dreamed i won one 

I'm going to have nightmares,,,,,,

some bloke with his wellies on and a branch chasing me around...... oh god  fetch me the rum bottle..... :eek:

On a more serious note.

Do those in the know, consider an SO5 to be able to put up with competition clay volumes?

I know, that is what they are "designed for" and the Olympic pedigree etc...but in reality life?

Their reputation for using hard isn't good. I know a chap who tried it and it fell apart after two years. Not cheap to fix either. Another guy doing same says it's working fine for him. Trouble with hand made guns is that quality differs a bit. Personally I would buy a more conventional work horse unless it's the magic results gun for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a more serious note.

Do those in the know, consider an SO5 to be able to put up with competition clay volumes?

I know, that is what they are "designed for" and the Olympic pedigree etc...but in reality life?
this is the exact reason I got the DT10eel, similar looking BUT with a more durable action (one assumes / hopes)

wait a god dammed minute, some smith butchered an SO and put multi in it. He should be struck off the smith register that is bloody sacrilege...and I am not even joking.

I need a lie down and a scotch, in no particular order.

bloody multis...bah
Word!!!  I've no problem with factory tubes but the aftermarket mutilations are the work of Satan!  On the gun auction sites I even seen Fabbris with Brileys.  I mean, what sort of evil possesses the mind of the person that did that?

And I have to admit that I did shoot one SO4 that I could have loved but the owner at the time loved it more   :bye:

Interesting - saw one for sale on eGun this morning - if memory serves me well it was 10K €. Was looking for it now to post a link and it is already gone...a 10K Beretta gone in a day :eek: ...who would have thought so...

Nice guns but I'm afraid they fall apart at the drop of a hat. 

Ribs peeling off and stocks breaking for fun are a regular occurrence. One of my game customers had a pair of S06 and a pair of S09s, at one point only one functioning gun between the 4! Needless to say he doesn't shoot them any more.

ditto the owner of a big shooting ground in the east mids shot an S05 but got bored of it breaking so went to side plate DT10s and now shoots a cutom K80.

I love the SO, had 3 nice K80's,fancy something nice so maybe the perazzi experience is looking fave,

Fall apart?  Well, yeah.  I saw the forend fall off (hanger came off the barrel) a SO3EELL pigeon gun that I would have killed for.  Prior to the forend falling off anyway.

I would not be able to muster up denying anyone a Perazzi.  OK, that's a lie.  I do know a few people that should NEVER even touch anything nice, let alone own.

but that would maybe just be me

I second don't discount the SO4, I've a very late model looks like an SO5 but prefered it to my SO5 which I sold, you have to look very closely to see it's an SO4 then unless you really know your SOs' you would have to see the SO4 stamped on the edge of the reciever, you can get a nice one for around half the price of an SO5 and IMO they handle nicer,  my opinion mind so please no derogatory remarks from SO5 users.

Back