would you Teague a new MK38

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would shoot it as it is. You could find different cartridges that will throw a slightly more open pattern for some close stuff, but it is actually fine if you get your head around the constriction, know it and your limitations and just get on with shooting, knowing full well that you have enough choke for any eventuality.
I will take your advice Pete and shoot it  and see what happens ,

Now do I keep my 2011 MK70 with 4 Teague Chokes or just stick to one gun ? I cant shoot trap/ DTL  with it thats for sure keep shooting to low .  good for  sporting though 

Bigolbear,

You have just actually answered your own question. Use the MK38 for Trap, but it will take some getting used to, it may not be an instant success.

Use your MK70 with suitable chokes for the presentation for Sporting and Skeet.

I bought my mk38 trap from Avalon guns, drove straight to teagues (by appointment ) got him to check fit , and Teague it for me!! Superb job. I agree with Brian if you need it done, get it done

Bigolbear,

You have just actually answered your own question. Use the MK38 for Trap, but it will take some getting used to, it may not be an instant success.

Use your MK70 with suitable chokes for the presentation for Sporting and Skeet.
the only thing that bothers me about using two guns is getting to the point where I cant shoot either ,I had a  try of a MK38 at Bridgenorth and shot it a lot better than the MK70 , logically I need an Instructor ;-)  and at this moment in time A G&T  Large 

Logically you need to keep going to Bridgnorth and drinking in everything Brian tells you. I will see you in a few weeks time.

Sloppy will buy the mk38 off you to replace his as his doesn't seem to work properly

It keeps missing the clays :))

Logically you need to keep going to Bridgnorth and drinking in everything Brian tells you. I will see you in a few weeks time.
he was pretty tied up on sunday  drinking coffee mostly .  :nyam:   :nyam:

Last edited by a moderator:
" Sloppy will buy the mk38 off you to replace his as his doesn't seem to work properly 

It keeps missing the clays :)) "

Not true, I had a bad day at the office once, but I put that down to operator error and dreadfully poor consumables, patterning like your wallet, VERY TIGHT. But as you know we can all overcome adversity and I was very pleased with how you treated me to lunch at the English. 

From my experience if you dont need to sell it (financially) keep it as a spare. Its good to have a change sometimes if only to convince yourself that the one you usually shoot is the right one.

If you intend to shoot different discipline's then Multichoke it, if only Trap then leave it as it is. As for the 2nd gun . . . get rid of it and get used to ONE.

No one shoots 2 guns and shoots them well. Make your choice then sell the spare.

No one shoots 2 guns and shoots them well. Make your choice then sell the spare.
Agreed, however owning more than one is not the same as shooting more than one.

You just have to ensure that you don't start swapping and changing every other week.

You are absolutely correct though of that there is no doubt :)  

That's exactly it . . . remove the temptation . Well said

You are correct I cannot argue with that

What utter rubbish.

Why have an O/U, a semi -auto, a SxS etc.,?

Because you enjoy shooting and may need different guns for different occasions or disciplines.

But you do have to decide which is your preferred gun and stick with it for a dedicated discipline.

What utter rubbish.

Because you enjoy shooting and may need different guns for different occasions or disciplines.

But you do have to decide which is your preferred gun and stick with it for a dedicated discipline.
Depends on your goals I suppose.

If you want to shoot to the best of your ability, improve and become good, use one gun.

If you are just out for a play, and want to shoot a load of different guns, knock yourself out and enjoy, but dont besurprised your bad days outweigh the good.

You cannot do both.

Take your choice!

What utter rubbish.

I have to admit that I find it a bit easier to shoot a higher stocked gun for DTL, but for OT I prefer to see less rib generally! Having said that, I have used my old 3800 for everything from DTL to OT without a problem, just have to alter the position where the comb comes up onto my cheek. I now have an MK38 with an adhjustable comb, my first ever,which I intend to use for DTL and ABT, I reckon the 32 inch barrels are better suited to non OT shooting, well for me anyway!

so the deeds complete , the MK38 finally arrived the MK70 is gone , i'm leaving the chokes as they are for a while see how I get on thank you all for your comments . 

Back