World Festival of Shooting - Scores

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99 by D Mein in prelim looks pretty good.
I am not surprised

I'd like to see some of our boys have a go at something cool like the Stratstone Ultimate 1 (is RBSS still putting that on?).

I bet Land Rover can arrange delivery of a US-spec vehicle to its new owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me how one of the leading ladies in this “Festival of Shooting” is listed as C class?  In the last cut off it shows she shot 300 Targets and finished the period on 53% average.  That shocked me given how wonderfully she has shot this week so I tried to find the shoots and I cannot find those 3 shoots.  I can find everyone else’s I care to look up.  

Forgot to say thT is in sporting.

Sian

Presume you mean Inna?

Mystery how one of the Worlds top Lady shooters, reigning World & Euro FITASC champion, has got that classification.

She is a very nice person, and sure she would want to be in her correct class, AA or even AAA

Regards

Leigh

Sian

Presume you mean Inna?

Mystery how one of the Worlds top Lady shooters, reigning World & Euro FITASC champion, has got that classification.

She is a very nice person, and sure she would want to be in her correct class, AA or even AAA

Regards

Leigh
I am sure she would and she shot wonderfully but I’m just  interested in which three shoots they were to give her an average of 53% because they are not showing.  

Sian brings up an interesting question that's been in the back of my mind.  How exactly does the CPSA classify non-British shooters?

Do they take the shooter's home country classification and apply it straight across to the CPSA equivalent?  Do they ask for a number of the shooter's latest scores, average them, then compare them to the latest Issue cut offs?

Shot the Prelim yesterday. Glorious day out. It was a world class event, great organisation by EJ Churchill.  8 hours of driving for 2 hours of shooting ..... just about worth it!

Stand 7 I watched 3 squads before ours 0 out on bird 2. Stepped into the stand, nailed 2 of them, then thought to myself ... cracking shooting mate .... and promptly missed the rest! That summed up my day. Pulled off some good ones then relaxed and screwed it up.

Pity my score will be dropped as waaaaaay outside the 10% calculation margin!

But enjoyed myself in spite of barely being able to make out what my squad mates were saying as their Irish accents were as heavy as I've ever heard! :)  

Shot the Prelim yesterday. Glorious day out. It was a world class event, great organisation by EJ Churchill.  8 hours of driving for 2 hours of shooting ..... just about worth it!

Stand 7 I watched 3 squads before ours 0 out on bird 2. Stepped into the stand, nailed 2 of them, then thought to myself ... cracking shooting mate .... and promptly missed the rest! That summed up my day. Pulled off some good ones then relaxed and screwed it up.

Pity my score will be dropped as waaaaaay outside the 10% calculation margin!

But enjoyed myself in spite of barely being able to make out what my squad mates were saying as their Irish accents were as heavy as I've ever heard! :)  
Nice to meet you yesterday Ian always nice to meet someone in person.

After watching your squad shoot stand 7 and listening to the smaller leprechaun telling us they wanted a bus load of lead ...then realising he was talking about 1/10th scale model buses more fitting to him our squad didn't come out of it to bad i think even the squad mascot young Harry shot a 6 and they really didn't need that much,i think we may see him up among the stars in the future.

We shot the prelim and even thou some looked simple they just weren't and some of the target descriptions were laughable a going away looper from the left being described as a crosser the most memorable pretty relentless with no real gimmes.

Then we shot the Red course i definitely should have shot it better but looking at what others shot relative to me not so bad enjoyable yes for me,but a couple of older members of our squad suffered with targets not being visible for long enough and just not being able to pick them up at all.the orange target being thrown down of the cherrypicker on stand 10? where 2 of them just could not pick it up and were having to be told it had gone and they really had no idea it had.I was fortunate enough to be able to see over the board so at least i new it was coming.

Do i think the targets were to hard no,would i have liked to see a little less window shooting to make it easier for some to see/pick up the targets yes.

The main issue on the Red course when we shot it was NO water till the end,an oversight i am sure but in the blazing sunshine some of the squad were suffering.

Churchills have put on a great event again,village great,courses in a wonderful setting and challenging targets...it shows what can be done when the CPSA get the right people involved to run things with the facilities necessary rather than penny pinching and ruining for all they simply need a different management team for larger events that are experienced in the logistics of such.

Day 2 today looking forward to it..lets hope the village hasn't disappeared by the time we have finished like 2 years ago!!

Really enjoyable event. No real complaints on the tgts but personally I preferred the blue course to the red one. That is clearly based on my performance so something to work on regarding limited window shooting! Some of the young guys in my squad were just so quick and fearless in shooting the red course birds early. I couldn’t focus on them before they had killed them!!! Great organisation and a big thanks to all involved - really appreciated.

I think it was Norfolk 1st and 3rd what a result
Very happy for Richard Bunning and also well done to Sam Green.  Nice to finally put a face to your Forum name today Chippy 👍

Latest posts

Back