World English Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Wheeler, Salopian, and schmokinn could learn a thing or two here
I have no need to learn to believe something i don't believe is right...i am entitled to my opinion and it will remain the same.

You can look for whatever you believe is back up for your statements and continue to deny you made pointed accusations, misinterpret statements,ignore facts and accuse people of doing things they are not guilty of..par for the course as you just pop up occasionally and hide your identity.

I still feel it like asking the world darts championship finalists to play a game of round the clock to decide the winner.

Right I'm probably In a good position to comment here. I've shot every world since it's intro in 1994. Since the concept of the super final was introduced nearly all of them have been shot under the lights in th USA, As a shooter I love the super final I've won the world being behind going into the final and I've lost it leading going into the final. As a entrant I went there expecting the final to be under lights along with many of the others. And believe it was always this way not a ploy to help USA. 

As as a professional the final is a place to show case your talents and show off a little. I've been involved with lots of finals and long may it continue.

ben 

Ben

Talk is of a 5 stand type format been used. How did that work with 7 finalists, and do you know when it was decided?

Well done on your silver medal.

Regards

Leigh

Was not 5 stand, the whole final is on my Facebook page... it was 3 stands and in that stand was 8-9 birds there was 7 traps used and 2 report and 2 true pairs were used and on one stand a single. 

So one stand was 

* single 5

* 4 report 2 

* 7 report 3

* 1+5 true 

* 3+2 true  this is example 

ben 

Right I'm probably In a good position to comment here. I've shot every world since it's intro in 1994. Since the concept of the super final was introduced nearly all of them have been shot under the lights in th USA, As a shooter I love the super final I've won the world being behind going into the final and I've lost it leading going into the final. As a entrant I went there expecting the final to be under lights along with many of the others. And believe it was always this way not a ploy to help USA. 

As as a professional the final is a place to show case your talents and show off a little. I've been involved with lots of finals and long may it continue.

ben 
Congrats in runner up Ben.

Has the "Super Final" always been this format in the USA?

All of you people banging on about the shoot off, you are looking at it from the wrong way. The shoot from the word go was a 225 bird competition, 100 + 100 + 25. It was never 100 + 100 then shootoff. Just the same as the comps in the UK. It's the best score out of 225, not 200, only difference is only the top 10 get to shoot the last 25 or 3rd course.

A shootoff happens when scores are tied and all shooters start back on 0 again. This was not a shoot off, as the shooters carry on with their score from the previous course, it's the 3rd part of a 3 course event, 100 + 100 + 25

And as for complaining about shooting under lights, as Edd says it's been under lights before and it was again, we have facilities to practise under lights in the UK,I believe Dartford have been running these events. If your going through all the hassle and expense to go to the US and there is a chance you may need to shoot under lights if you get to the final, a round or two of practise would be time well spent.
points taken ,  good post that !

ben 
Yes it has always been that format .... 

Was not 5 stand, the whole final is on my Facebook page... it was 3 stands and in that stand was 8-9 birds there was 7 traps used and 2 report and 2 true pairs were used and on one stand a single. 

So one stand was 

* single 5

* 4 report 2 

* 7 report 3

* 1+5 true 

* 3+2 true  this is example 

ben 

I'd say there are at least three here who should be choking on crow about now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any shoot is subject to variables, especially when over more than a day. GD was joint high gun on score, however, the super seven squad ,which i think is not really needed, was delayed for hours and was shot under floodlights. GD ending 4th. Not saying sour grapes, but that seemed a bit unfair if you do not regularly shoot under floodlights, and i wonder how you see clays in ESP this way, ?  must be more demanding than trap/skeet/trench ?
                                    MR JONES,  I fail to understand what is sour grapes in this first post , or why i would "choke on crow" ,whatever that means !  I am amazed at the way you speak to people , you are not the most helpful or pleasant person in the world, are you. in fact your narcissism  must be a real problem to you.

So, now go away.

It takes one to know one

Go ahead, keep making a fool of yourself after everything you ranted against has been proven to be false.
"It takes one to know one" i can now add childishness to your list of attributes.

Nothing i stated has proved to be false...my opinion cannot be false as it is my opinion and everyone is entitled to one, you have never seen me rant.

Your opinion that i am fool is yours and probably yours alone but being your opinion it means less to me than my dogs'.

Having had a little look around the web it seems you spread your sh*t quite widely with a liberal smattering of bias,prejudice, discrimination, and antagonism.

You are just a sad keyboard warrior with a delusion complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's helpful that Ben has now let us know floodlit shoot offs are a given over there, I did not know that to be fair despite my near encyclopedic (I know, very modest) knowledge level, musta missed the likes of GD mentioning it in the articles one reads about these things. 

I think the critique was leveled at the sheer time it took to organise the finals as much as anything (that in itself won't help certain people), unfortunately the top guys tend not to let rip with their true feelings for fear of 1) getting a reputation as a moaner and 2) upsetting sponsors by errr, getting a reputation as a moaner. It will be most interesting to read George's comments but can't help feeling he'll tread lightly. 

As mentioned already the winner deserves praise and recognition and so do the top twenty truth be known. 

Ben , 

Thanks for the input , as I pointed out early on my beef is with the disorganisation for a 'World ' event .

For the benefit of those interested, especially Sobrepuesta, Ben is a good friend of mine and I would NEVER agree that he was right about anything. :lol:

By the way Crow tastes very nice but not as nice as Swan, Buzzard or Hen Harrier.

So to put this post to bed congratulations to Bobby Fowler All American Hero who well and truly smacked the British competitors arses , showing how strong American Sporting Clays is now. 

Congratulations to Ben Husthwaite who shouldn't even have been there as I am still waiting at Hodnet for you to turn up. :lol:

Latest posts

Back