World English Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sobrepuesta,

My apologies , I had forgotten you were American and cannot comprehend logic .

Have a nice day .

The End .

...and another promising ShootClay thread goes down the pan  :???:

At times this forum really is one of the grumpiest I frequent. It's strange because without fail almost everyone I've met so far whilst actually out shooting have been friendly, courteous and patient with me as a relative newcomer to the sport, and with each other. Odd that some on this forum come over as so different to this when they're posting. 

Maybe it's the fact that people are stuck indoors looking at a screen rather than out in the open air shooting that accounts for it  :wink:  

Anyway, manners - whether in person or on t'interweb - cost nowt  :angel:

I have to say I think Subrepuesta shouldn't have to defend being American, not really fair to gang up on him and I think he's brave coming on this particular thread on his own. All said I'd love the chance of lots of Brits and lots of Americans thrashing this out sensibly as I believe some questions are perfectly legitimate.

Maybe it's the fact that people are stuck indoors looking at a screen rather than out in the open air shooting that accounts for it  :wink:  

Anyway, manners - whether in person or on t'interweb - cost nowt  :angel:
Got to agree with you on this. Well said.

I have no wish to get into online arguments but will defend when i believe i need to do so to what i perceive at the time to be the right level at that moment...that may change with time.

I would have a lot more respect for him if he didn't deny what he said,make pointed accusations ....and actually registered his real name.

The last one is a biggie for me as i have found people tend to act differently when you actually know who it is rather than hide behind a pseudonym.

I have no need to hide behind my pseudonym .

But I do take exception when after being courteous , even handed and showing appreciation where needed I get a reply from someone who is rude and cannot accept criticism. 

It should be noted that I am not the only one to be offended by his arrogance.

I may not be popular after the following but I always post what I think . If its right or if its wrong print and be damned...

I agree with sobrepuesta, surely everyone who entered knew the format and signed up for it. The only thing I can see that would be an argument would be if the format changed or the format was not published prior to the event.

ps

as for pseudonyms, some of us have good reason not to have there full name searchable on social media it isn't that we ate hiding behind a keyboard. Just saying.

tin hat strapped on tight with a contingency to run away very fast ?

As far as I remember all shoot offs there have been under lights from memory, I've been in a couple of them. No change this year as far as I could tell. Carry on...

I have no need to hide behind my pseudonym .

But I do take exception when after being courteous , even handed and showing appreciation where needed I get a reply from someone who is rude and cannot accept criticism. 

It should be noted that I am not the only one to be offended by his arrogance.
Oh please, you plant a blatant accusation about unfair play by the part of "unknown people" or "maybe the NSCA" with zero proof and didn't like it when called on it.

Reprehensible.......

pleased for the winner  nice chap  great shot , but sorry to repeat  ,  " why a shoot off ?  highest score wins -  unless scores are tied  why have to win a competition twice ? I cant think what purpose it serves ,  please enlighten me .   

All of you people banging on about the shoot off, you are looking at it from the wrong way. The shoot from the word go was a 225 bird competition, 100 + 100 + 25. It was never 100 + 100 then shootoff. Just the same as the comps in the UK. It's the best score out of 225, not 200, only difference is only the top 10 get to shoot the last 25 or 3rd course.

A shootoff happens when scores are tied and all shooters start back on 0 again. This was not a shoot off, as the shooters carry on with their score from the previous course, it's the 3rd part of a 3 course event, 100 + 100 + 25

And as for complaining about shooting under lights, as Edd says it's been under lights before and it was again, we have facilities to practise under lights in the UK,I believe Dartford have been running these events. If your going through all the hassle and expense to go to the US and there is a chance you may need to shoot under lights if you get to the final, a round or two of practise would be time well spent.

All of you people banging on about the shoot off, you are looking at it from the wrong way. The shoot from the word go was a 225 bird competition, 100 + 100 + 25. It was never 100 + 100 then shootoff. Just the same as the comps in the UK. It's the best score out of 225, not 200, only difference is only the top 10 get to shoot the last 25 or 3rd course.

A shootoff happens when scores are tied and all shooters start back on 0 again. This was not a shoot off, as the shooters carry on with their score from the previous course, it's the 3rd part of a 3 course event, 100 + 100 + 25

And as for complaining about shooting under lights, as Edd says it's been under lights before and it was again, we have facilities to practise under lights in the UK,I believe Dartford have been running these events. If your going through all the hassle and expense to go to the US and there is a chance you may need to shoot under lights if you get to the final, a round or two of practise would be time well spent.
Jim Wheeler, Salopian, and schmokinn could learn a thing or two here

Sobrepuesta,

Obviously you have a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why after numerous days of competition and thus understanding the time it would take for each rotation that "unknown people or maybe the NSCA" could not get their heads around organising the final day to enable the shoot offs in reasonable natural light in front of a maximum attending crowd of spectators , which surely is the whole point of Super Finals?

Or do you have a reasonable explanation as to why the Super Final was staged at 9 p.m. under floodlights as per the PSCA tournaments.

I can see that this could run and run  with no one giving quarter .

But could someone explain why it ran so late ?

Which has been my whole issue all along, NOT who won .

Sobrepuesta,

Obviously you have a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why after numerous days of competition and thus understanding the time it would take for each rotation that "unknown people or maybe the NSCA" could not get their heads around organising the final day to enable the shoot offs in reasonable natural light in front of a maximum attending crowd of spectators , which surely is the whole point of Super Finals?

Or do you have a reasonable explanation as to why the Super Final was staged at 9 p.m. under floodlights as per the PSCA tournaments.

I can see that this could run and run  with no one giving quarter .

But could someone explain why it ran so late ?

Which has been my whole issue all along, NOT who won .
This is the bit that I find a tad uncomfortable because clearly the home crowd have an advantage here. 

At the end of the day it's done for another year and Mr Fowler can call himself world champion and he looks elated and the second picture I put up just because it shows 3 lovely young ladies enjoying the occasion.

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

Sobrepuesta,

I don't think we need to continue this war of words, I have just read the posts on shotgunworld.com sporting clays forum where everyone is complaining about the delays and how poorly the event was organized and run. Not one Brit posting, so maybe we are not all whinging Poms after all ?

I was not there, nor spoke with anyone that was, but from reading some of the posts on shotgun world here is my (non-conspiracy) theory.

• The organisers had scheduled the last rotation to finish at 16.30. By the time all squad and master cards are collected, returned to base, scores checked and entered, award winning scores checked against each stands master card etc. usually takes 1.5 – 2 hours before shoot offs/superfinals commence. So if all had gone to plan a 18.00 to 18.30 start.
  • This was unachievable with the entire entry shooting over 2 days was too many shooters, plus no-birds from broken clays and badly wind affected targets, 2 pairs of show birds per squad meant a 18.30+ finish on both days.
  • I would have thought that the superfinal would originally have been planned as a traditional English Sporting set up ? As the top 6 scores qualify not 6 shooters, so in this case there were 7 shooters in the superfinal, so how did they accommodate 7 shooters in a 5 stand format? In theory there could have been even more finalists if they had finished on 184. 
  • The organisers were heavily criticised at the Nationals 2 years ago, when bad weather had created chaos with the finals going onto around midnight.
  • My guess is that the organisers therefore panicked and changed the format to get the superfinal over quickly ?
  • If no Superfinal George and Bobby would have still ended up shooting off at 20.45 under floodlights.

If the organisers want a superfinal as a showcase then they should not cram in the numbers on Sat/Sun, so it can be held at a reasonable time for all competitors, officials and spectators.
Regards

Leigh

Latest posts

Back