Winter breaks from shooting?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be forced to take breaks anytime between October and May, as the temperature may get down to -30 during that time, although the Chinooks can get us up to +10

We start the BBQ season here in Lincolnshire in November we then go looking for the clay shooting coat around Xmas but it don't fit until February then by March we don't need it

Deershooter

Having shot the BO today I've reconsidered.

I'll now be having two breaks over the winter, one will be my 692 into roughly 14 pieces and the other will be my A400 into 12.

from the desk of The Sermonizer

I'm gonna go for the right and wrong part.

How finely do you structure your life?  To what real purpose?  To just arbitrarily to impose a structure with no overall plan and intent is likely worthless.  If there is an overall purpose then there should be some plan of however long a term as necessary to achieve that or you're only pretending to have a purpose.

Seems to me that people get all wound up about some short term scheme that has no real thought as to the desired result.  What are you doing and WHY??

The structure in my life has been reduced to getting up every morning.  Whenever I get a round toit.  Yours may be the same thing and you just don't realize it cuz you actually think  you're accomplishing something.  Are you?
Wonko

Boy your lucky with the get up when you feel like it stuff. I am in my 60th year still working full time ( i love it) and rising at 5am each day, sometimes 6 days a week. Winter shooting Matt, the wife and I 52 weeks per year, snow rain, no problem. Cant get enough clay shooting.

Whats a winter break other than a week in the canary islands ?

Me no comrende amigo

Having shot the BO today I've reconsidered.

I'll now be having two breaks over the winter, one will be my 692 into roughly 14 pieces and the other will be my A400 into 12.
Your not alone my 692 is sitting unloved in the cabinet and two people I spoke to at the British have the same problem.

Think I'm weird, pubs just don't do it for me, rather have a nice glass of red at home with Mrs Bryn in front of a log fire after a day out breaking clays (trying to) or hunting my springer through the undergrowth.

Think I'm weird, pubs just don't do it for me, rather have a nice glass of red at home with Mrs Bryn in front of a log fire after a day out breaking clays (trying to) or hunting my springer through the undergrowth.
No you're not weird at all mate. Each to his own as they say!!

only problem comes when my springer also decides that my glass of red in front of a fire is a good idea..........then the fight starts

Full on Winter break for me from clays as of the end of this week. Having at least the remainder of September, plus October and November off in favour of some game shooting. Can't wait!

I am with you on that Bryn, I much prefer the company of Mrs ips and a relaxing night in.

Anyway I am probably barred from most pubs I went into when I was younger  :)

only problem comes when my springer also decides that my glass of red in front of a fire is a good idea..........then the fight starts
Wot, this imbecile?
post-2696-0-53072700-1409587177.jpg

Attachments

• brynnie.jpg
    brynnie.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Back