WINCHESTER CARTRIDGES

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ips Holes in the pattern my ass! I gave Chris Turvey a couple today shooting Fitasc at Purbeck on a layout with a looooooooong battue he minced it at 60-70 yards and turned to me a said "there is nothing wrong with them".
I can't comment guru I haven't shot them

:fie:  SORRY ips, Its that bloody Les 53 that said that! my apologies for confusing you with a mangol worzzul  from Darzet. :crazy:

any factory produced cartridge is so much more consistent than I will ever be !    I did like the old trap 100s  though  but pre 28g ,     happy days  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Winchester brand is alive and well in the USA.

David Stapley ( BWM) Browning UK was importing them for the exclusive use of Browning sponsored shooters Nick Hendrick & Sam Green  a couple of years ago, but I believe the import hassle was prohibitive.

When we had them available in the UK they were manufactured in Italy, they also had a manufacturing facility in Australia, so I guess it just a matter of getting the manufacturing rights and producing them under licence anywhere. No doubt about it , the various brands were very good , I certainly liked the Trap 100, 200, etc. and the Silvers.

Unbroken slab of Silvers I was saving for later.

post-54-0-40423800-1425557003.jpg
post-54-0-89110100-1425557014.jpg

Attachments

• Winchester 007.JPG
    Winchester 007.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Winchester 008.JPG
    Winchester 008.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 0
40UP your house must be like an armoury with all the different cartridges you have stowed away! That is compulsive behaviour by the way ... get them used up and enjoy the nostalgia, time is short! 

Edit

You know I am sure one of the guys I shoot with was using those same type of cartridges down here last year but it may just have been another box of Winchester cartridges that he had I will ask him.

re edit yep here we are

http://www.naturabuy.fr/250-WINCHESTER-SILVER-28-GR-12-70-item-2471925.html

cost equivalent of £160/thou

the are made in Italy by Baschierie and Pellagrie might not be the same as the ones you have

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a massive fan of Winchester Winner 8's the patterns were superb through my Beretta 682 Supersport. Last time I purchased them they were £108 a thousand. Best shell ever

The only other shells I can think of which we used to shoot 32g versions of originally is the Victory 550's  :)  , these were very good too and both were/remained excellent when the 28g came in.

Ah Victory cartridges.Tried the Challengers in felt wad thought they had dislocated my shoulder  :blackeye: then went to White Gold originals, but would take Winners over them all  :heart:   :heart:

I was a Winchester BlueLight man myself. Seem to remember the little club I was in at the time sold them to us for £2.50 a box/£100 a thou and made a healthy profit out of it so they must have been around £80 a thou. Happy days!

Remember the Eley waxed paper case shell in black they where a coated lead shot in 32g i cannot remember the name !.............its doing my head in trying to think of the name !

If i remember correctly there was a premium nickel coated shell, ah .. it's on the tip of tongue.... :frantics:   

Would that be your Eley "Black Feather"?

Got a couple of the "Trapshooting" and "Special Trapshooting" but mostly in the redish paper case, or the buff case with the WD arrows on. A couple are in a black paper case but shot is not nickle coated.  :biggrin:

Would that be your Eley "Black Feather"?

Got a couple of the "Trapshooting" and "Special Trapshooting" but mostly in the redish paper case, or the buff case with the WD arrows on. A couple are in a black paper case but shot is not nickle coated.  :biggrin:
Nope..........I know Mr peel has some in his attic going to have to ask him  :logik:

:fie:  Talking of Victory what about those freaking SONICS 1600 fps alleged, kick like a mule, never lasted long!

George Parsons recond he had to shoot a foot behind everything or miss it in front? :fie:   :fie:   

:fie: Talking of Victory what about those freaking SONICS 1600 fps alleged, kick like a mule, never lasted long!

George Parsons recond he had to shoot a foot behind everything or miss it in front? :fie: :fie:
Even I didn't like those Sonics. They were fierce!! I think it was too much and it blew the pattern apart. It certainly left the wads mangled so that told you something!

I've posted these before,

36gm
post-54-0-96277000-1425638166.jpg

28gm
post-54-0-27923000-1425638456.jpg
post-54-0-81880500-1425638463.jpg
post-54-0-85062200-1425638472.jpg

Attachments

• Eley Century 058.JPG
    Eley Century 058.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Olympic Gold 039.JPG