What to do ???

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

Ok folks I need a little help......I've been shooting some 30 plus years and while I'm never going to attain the heady heights of AAA class B class will do.

I've been shooting a Perazzi Mx 2000 sporter for the past  ten years and its a cracking gun, I like the way it handles and at a tad under 8lbs is ideal for me. Now my question is do I look for

another gun that will be my last ever ( I reckon I've another 10 years left of shooting ) or do I stick with what I have, knowing that the lure of a new gun is always in the back of my mind.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.  

Can sort out a nice Krieghoff parcours demo if you want to have a play matey :)

sorry I don't agree with keeping the old one. If you have two guns for same discipline you WILL keep swapping as soon as you have a bad day. Multiple guns for different disciplines is a different matter.

you have an itch to scratch, so itch it ?

Westley....I like your thought processes,  I intend leaving this mortal coil a poor man having spent all my money on wine, women and song and any I have left I'm going to waste :smile:

Ed, I couldn't lift a Krieghoff much less shoot the bugger :frown: ......BUT I could be persuaded to try one out.....How good is your sales technique Ed.

So as you can guess folks F*** knows what I want to do....

Where's Cyril when you need him :rolleyes:

same as me mate, I intend to croak it penniless. My daughter is 24 I have bought her two cars and even though she has worked away from home for five years I am now in my seventh year of paying her car insurance. I tell her "when I am gone and there's nothing left just remember I gave it to you when you were young and needed it"

?

Ed, I couldn't lift a Krieghoff much less shoot the bugger :frown: ......BUT I could be persuaded to try one out.....How good is your sales technique Ed.
The K-80 Parcours is about 8lb, much lighter than the monster that Ed shoots.  Not very different than my current DT10 and probably fairly similar to your gun. I found the balance ideal for me and no trouble at all getting it moving on quicker targets.

As for Ed's sales technique, I'm collecting mine in a couple of weeks time.

So as you can guess folks F*** knows what I want to do....
I am in a similar position, due to health reasons I am considering selling my MK10 due to it's 8 1/4lbs. weight and I intend looking at the Blaser F16 MINUS the stick on weights. I am the wrong side of 70 but I intend to continue shooting for as long as possible.

Buy what you want, enjoy life , Banking money and investment only help the Banks . Buy what you want when you want.

I think that you possibly already have a near perfect gun , but does it actually fit you? Money spent getting it to fit like a glove is money well spent, money spent shooting with friends is money well spent .

Spending time saving and counting money makes you a miserable bugger , just like me. :lol:

Buy what you want, enjoy life , Banking money and investment only help the Banks . Buy what you want when you want.

I think that you possibly already have a near perfect gun , but does it actually fit you? Money spent getting it to fit like a glove is money well spent, money spent shooting with friends is money well spent .

Spending time saving and counting money makes you a miserable bugger , just like me. :lol:
I have had the gun fitted and its as near perfect as possible.......BUT....there's been a little thought in the back of my head for a couple of years now saying "go on you know you want to"

Standard parcours weight 8lb give or take a couple ounces for wood density.

and fortunately I'm not much a salesman, they very much sell themselves! Demos all day tomorrow at sporting targets if you want to pop down!

I'm sorry, Ed.  I know that you rok with that gun, but the things are just too ugly to waste any part of a life on.

Wynno, the only way to make another gun work is if it is fitted/feels exactly the same as what you have.  So unless you feel the need for a "spare" gun then there is really no reason to do that.  Of course needing and wanting are not the same thing, and if you want another gun then you should have it.  Think how cool it would be to have some high zoot Perazzi to wow the peasants!  

Resisting temptation will never make you happy

that's not JMO, it's a simple fact

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, Ed.  I know that you rok with that gun, but the things are just too ugly to waste any part of a life on.
i like a man who says it like it is. ?

goes without saying I am in n full agreement. ?

a K gun is like one of those less attractive women you picked up whilst between marriages, the sort that worked ok but you didn't want to introduce to your family.....or was that just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wynno, the only way to make another gun work is if it is fitted/feels exactly the same as what you have.  So unless you feel the need for a "spare" gun then there is really no reason to do that.  Of course needing and wanting are not the same thing, and if you want another gun then you should have it.  Think how cool it would be to have some high zoot Perazzi to wow the peasants!  

Resisting temptation will never make you happy

that's not JMO, it's a simple fact
I've ruled out the usual suspects, and pretty much decided on another perazzi. Now  is it a mx8, 12 or even a mx2000 again.

I'm thinking along the lines of 31" barrels, fixed choke of half and three quarters and an upgrade on the wood,

and anyway a trip to Italy with the Mrs will put me in her good books.....I'm shallow I know.... :p  

Latest posts

Back