What gun slip?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehb102

My £25 gun slip has not lasted 12 months. It has a hole in the bottom where the gun has worn through the "leather". Although other gun slips seem expensive if a £100 slip lasted five years I'd be ahead. I'm interested in hearing what gun slip you recommend for someone who shoots sporting. 

Points will be deducted if you suggest one or more of the following:

(1) Anything in pink

(2) Anything in white to match my appliances

(3) A Hamilton gun slip.

(4) Not using a gun slip.

(5) Shooting a discipline where a slip isn't necessary.

Many thanks for all constructive help.

Hi try Napier razorback i was wearing out slips about every 5 to 6 months this one is 16 months old and ok :)

I bought a beautiful leather slip from Daniels and Wood.  They can engrave it for you with pretty much anything you want.  They aren't cheap, but I'm expecting it to outlast me!

www.danielsandwood.co.uk

I shoot sporting and have found in all the recent wet and muddy weather that my Beretta slip was just absorbing mud and water every time i put it down. This was then very difficult to clean up and the mud was staining the fabric leading to a very scruffily look. I noticed friends with leather slips didn’t have this problem and have recently bought a leather slip myself. What a difference it stays dry when shooting and just needs a wipe with a damp cloth to remove the mud when back home and is as good as new again.

+1 on the Croots.

I've recently bought a Croots Rosedale (Heavy duty canvas and leather) I had a similar one before that I've had over 20 years and I expect the Croots to last the rest of my shooting life (I'm 51 so work that out). Money well spent even if it's a bit more than normal to start with. I would have liked solid leather but couln't quite stretch to it.

Also matching cartridge bags available (you didn't mention to not mention about matching accessories and I know you ladies love that sort of thing!)

Sorry Liz - only joking!  :biggrin:   Yes, I have the matching cartridge bag too!!!!  :fie:

John shooter leather gun slip(£130-150 on Amazon)

My £25 gun slip has not lasted 12 months. It has a hole in the bottom where the gun has worn through the "leather". Although other gun slips seem expensive if a £100 slip lasted five years I'd be ahead. I'm interested in hearing what gun slip you recommend for someone who shoots sporting. 

Points will be deducted if you suggest one or more of the following:

(1) Anything in pink

(2) Anything in white to match my appliances

(3) A Hamilton gun slip.

(4) Not using a gun slip.

(5) Shooting a discipline where a slip isn't necessary.

Many thanks for all constructive help.
I have no constructive suggestion but suffice to say I've wrecked a dozen slips through the years, they all go by the zip/handles/frayed ends etc etc, they have yet to make a decent one I reckon that will last ten years. The problem is that even the very good ones suffer because mud causes damage to the zips but there is no excuse for handles snapping or their stitching giving way :mellow:  . 

I've long since resigned myself to using them as mere padding for the gun whilst in the boot and just carry the gun with no slip.

I've been using a Musto slip for a couple of years and it's still ok. No zip, folds over the top. Washable, so useful in a day like today when there was mud EVERYWHERE.

My Napier Protector slip is as good now as when I got it 13 yrs ago .

Daniels and Woods...  tell em I sent you.

Or Croots if you want one NOW1

I've got 2 brand new croots for sale, a canvas and a leather one, both for 32" barrels. Will beat any price if you're interested

I've got 2 brand new croots for sale, a canvas and a leather one, both for 32" barrels. Will beat any price if you're interested
I've been offered a leather one for £40 which I thought was a bit steep. :whistle:

+ 1 for Napier...bought mine bargain price on ebay.. :hunter:
http://www.avalon-guns.com/avalon/info_52165.html

Got mine for £80 lasted 4 years so far..... has 2 massive advantages over every other slip. it will fit in any car boot inc a mini! doesnt look like a slip when folded up! with a  gun in 32" fits but is a squeeze. 

Mine is the secure version which is brilliant when travelling! 

http://www.napieruk.com/acatalog/Security.html

THis seems rather cheap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Napier-Protector-4-Shotgun-Slip-in-green-VP90-for-guns-upto-30-barrels-/310866770451?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item48611a7a13

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back