What are VIP, Moderators, I was at Growler, etc banners

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care my opinion
Which of course, you are entitled to.  Even it does make you seem a bit miserable. Please let me know where I can send your subscription refund to. I can only assume you backed the third place in the Boat Race? 

As people have stated, Moderators are those that have the ability to pin, lock, or edit topics... Generally, the site is moderated very lightly... So we don't steer too many posts back on course, it's your forum, you can take topics where you want, but we do try and keep the bad language to a minimum and make the place more pleasant.

VIPs are members that have supported the forum financially.  Each month I pay hosting fees for the site, coupled with license fees for the software that the forum runs on. My time is free, but you can assume I spend 6/8 hours a week running, maintaining and providing this platform for the grateful Clay Shooting community around the world.  Luckily most people are pleasant.  

The more eagle eyed amongst you will notice that I have removed the donation button from the site... Mainly because it didn't get used very much and the initial flood of VIPs turned into a trickle. However, I have some very kind advertisers who help me cover some of my costs.  There is no profit in ShootClay... So I don't have to pay my accountant anything. 

The badges that we had for events have retired, we may get them back if I can find a simple way of doing it, but the old system required a lot of manual effort from me.

As a newbienewbie I  thought Rosso made a thought provoking post, and also think the forum is most informative and entertaining well done all of you. Keep it fun

I didn't answer all of Rosso's questions...

Moderators aren't chosen, they kind of choose me... If someone thinks they can add something to the running of the site, the moderator function gives them the abilities I mention above. There is no real power, and it won't make you popular down the pub, or better in bed.  However, it's clear that one person cannot (and doesn't even want to) read all the posts, and so if moving a post between sub forums floats your boat, or hiding a duplicate post makes you aroused... Then let me know. Clearly I will prefer people that are long standing and respected and try not to disrupt the site, but if you think you can help and you spend a lot of time in front of a computer, then get involved.

The .410, 20g, 12g titles are simply a reflection of how many posts made... Some forums use pips or stars to denote their highest posters, or people with best reputation. When I set the site up, in a drunken stupor a few years ago, I thought it would be fun to do it by a shooting related scale.

The +xxx number under your name indicates how many times people have liked a post, and are there to denote the members with the most liked content or best answers... Some forums use this to flag best answers to questions helping newbies or learners.  

Hope that helps a bit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So to sum up then Matt, I feel that you qualify as a  Very Important Player   :smile:

33.gif
Thats what she said !

As a newbienewbie I  thought Rosso made a thought provoking post, and also think the forum is most informative and entertaining well done all of you. Keep it fun
Didn't want to be thought provoking. Just wanted to know what and how these titles are used, applied, gained. No harm in asking. Thanks for the replies. Matt well done for a very good well run site. 

Sorry Phil , timing was out as usual , my remark was aimed at Egg McMuffin  Plumber from Armitage.

Latest posts

Back