What are VIP, Moderators, I was at Growler, etc banners

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosso

Iv been on here a while now and just wondered what are the banners on profiles referring to VIP, moderators, Growler, etc all about. 

What makes someone a VIP. How are moderators picked, I was at Growler what's that all about?

new users must be wondering too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv been on here a while now and just wondered what are the banners on profiles referring to VIP, moderators, Growler, etc all about. 

What makes someone a VIP. How are moderators picked, I was at Growler what's that all about?

new users must be wondering too. 
​Growler was an event that was held a couple of years ago for forum members. You'll have to ask Matt (admin) about the VIP and moderators bit but to be honest, it doesn't keep me awake at night wondering.....

I know about Moderators........ They are here to keep things as they should be. ie to make sure things don't get out of hand, rules are adhered too etc . They may also support Matt behind the scenes with ideas and so on. 

They are meant to keep topics on topic too. Some chance around here. 

Stuff like that...... get the idea? 

I'm guessing VIP's support the forum financially? 

The Growler banner was for those that attended an event that was organised by Growl (long story, he may tell it if asked), Moderator is as Finners said and VIP banners are for those that, as Finners also said, have financially supported the site.

I think Matt is working on getting them back,  so I can have my Growler one back ?. I'm sure he will correct me on the above if I'm wrong.

A   V.I.P. is a donor who has contributed to site and help pay the running costs.usually based on the amount you donate as to the time you are a VIP.   

A Mod is a staff member ( usually hand picked ) by site owner to look after the site in there absence moderators have the tools to edit or delete content may have the power to ban if they have been given that !

The 410 bit is your standing in the community as to posting 

Latest posts

Back