Westfield SG 150 Fitasc 2nd October

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice one ed, 144 outa 150 is some shooting well done. how did you fair up then gp?

I managed 125 was hard going and 144 was some shooting around there especially when it was x2 40 bird layouts and X2 30 bird layouts! Concentration had to be at the max! Had one bad layout really but was happy and had a great day! Never shot Westfield before now only Weston Wood and this ground did not disappoint at all!I would recommend anybody a trip down there! I have to say Steve must be ranking one of the top course setters now in the country with the grounds he has and the events he is putting on, also the entry does not lie! Will be back in the future for sure! Glen.

I have always said Steve and co have to be up there with the best for putting on shoots, shame Bucks always used to go to Hornet for the county shoots, maybe moving them to Weston Wood would have attracted more shooters, Westfield is a bit further out but still a better shoot by a country mile, Pete Munn used to have the FITASC now and again, however, had the ESP managers of the past given the shoots to Steve I think we would have some very happy shooters in Bucks. 

As you well know all grounds are expected to apply for the county shoots to the relevant county commitee. This does not always happen though and you had to grab those grounds that would take it! In the past you also had to be fair! To be honest Kevin put on some fine county shoots and made a real effort so it is then hard just to take this away from someone, variety is one thing but how do you justify taking a shoot away from someone who made a good job of it the year before? Steve did hold Fitasc shoots for the Bucks County Championships in fact I believe this could have even been the last Championship for Fitasc held by Bucks before the County Crashed and burned. To be honest in our area we are spoilt for choice at the moment.The bigger picture is you have people complaining that the county shoots should be held within the county where possible so you will never get it right.......of course you could also schedule some events on dates which clashed with other events then you could turn up and win them because others who are more likely to challenge could not turn up!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif You can't keep everyone happy Tony! back to Westfield and Weston Wood and you can not fault these shoots and the effort. Prize money is up there if not above the best of them and is clearly shown on how and how much is paid out! Results of the shoots are readily available and Alison responds back usually within minutes of an email being sent! The ground facillities are faultless and the shoots are always full! I think Steve clearly knows what the shooter wants he is a keen  shooter himself, yes he is making a good living but at the end of the day he has put the hard graft in and earnt it so fair play to the man doing what a lot of others can't be arsed to do apart from take your money! I am a paying customer and I get exactly what I expect everytime there! Glen.

There is the problem Glen, Bucks have some great shooters and have had great committees in the past but, we only ever had 3 ESP reg grounds and no other grounds to cater for other disciplines for County shoots. As for dates, the discipline managers were always going to gets thier bums smacked because everyone wanted to shoot the County shoots and demanded certain dates, when these were booked the CPSA or region would then put on a fixture that would clash. When I ran trap I tried not to clash fixtures, but even when I used to get the diaries early, I again was on a hiding to nothing sometimes. I never had any problems with shooting at Hornet or Pete Munns ground, but many shooters did, mainly because of the facilities. What is even more disappointing is when I was Chairman and Mike Self before me, the County was in a great financial position and the County dates normally went ahead without too many clashes, because we all discussed dates at the meetings. What happened when "The Family" took over, nepotism???Answers on a postcard please. 

Glad you liked it Glen.  Feedback from everyone has been exceptional which is greatly appreciated as these events take a lot of work to make it all happen!We will be hosting another 150 bird FITASC next year, just have to wait for all the calendars to be confirmed to ensure no major clashes with big championships etc.Westfield seems like an overlooked jewel at times - not on the major motorway links you do have to make an effort to get there but I think it's worth it - we certainly make every effort to keep it smart and tidy which goes a long way towards making a good day out on top off the best targets of course!!Look forward to seeing you again when you're next in town!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Steve

Back