westfield and weston wood 29th and 30th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, get you now, I assumed you were talking about registered shoots. No doubt someone shooting 70+ average is not C class, well they won't/shouldn't be by the next classification period...look at the Jason dude on the forum, was winning everything in c after getting a new gun and improving...now he's in B, once he improves some more he might start winning his class again, up his average and be pumped up to A.
Quite true! I have had a quick improvement in the latter part of 2013 but it came from a new gun, plenty of coaching and practice! I have moved up to B had one class win already with 86, first day of new classifications! Planning to keep improving for me and shooting better, had a few mid seventies scores but just finding my feet again! Hope to be back to my normal self soon!

Some days it just depends on which shooters are at which grounds and what the competition is like there, might have a good day and everything just works!

Going to be a well discussed topic what ever happens!

Ahh, get you now, I assumed you were talking about registered shoots. No doubt someone shooting 70+ average is not C class, well they won't/shouldn't be by the next classification period...look at the Jason dude on the forum, was winning everything in c after getting a new gun and improving...now he's in B, once he improves some more he might start winning his class again, up his average and be pumped up to A.

Quite true! I have had a quick improvement in the latter part of 2013 but it came from a new gun, plenty of coaching and practice! I have moved up to B had one class win already with 86, first day of new classifications! Planning to keep improving for me and shooting better, had a few mid seventies scores but just finding my feet again! Hope to be back to my normal self soon!
Some days it just depends on which shooters are at which grounds and what the competition is like there, might have a good day and everything just works!
Going to be a well discussed topic what ever happens!
If I'm right jase you were shooting quite a lot and receiving coaching on top it was down to your determination to improve so well done you mate!

www.proshock.co.uk

I think if anything AAA class should be done away with and four classes formed as the bottom end of AA can't really compete against AAA week in week out

But for everyone's ideas it won't change so we will just carry on as we are
very good point Steve!! Would you up the cut off point for AA then to say 89/90??

very good point Steve!! Would you up the cut off point for AA then to say 89/90??
That would be crazy. A class would span 75 to 89; or in other words, a category for people who average between 11 misses and 25 misses per round. Far too wide.

The system is sound, in as much as it is percentages of shooters. AAA are the top 5% and AA are the 5-15% band of shooters. The cut off points are just a product of what shooters shoot (hence they change a bit each time).

That would be crazy. A class would span 75 to 89; or in other words, a category for people who average between 11 misses and 25 misses per round. Far too wide.

The system is sound, in as much as it is percentages of shooters. AAA are the top 5% and AA are the 5-15% band of shooters. The cut off points are just a product of what shooters shoot (hence they change a bit each time).
I thought Steve was implying that they do away with AAA, because those in the lower section of AA can't compete with the top boys!! So which way would you do it??

Sorry ML, I think I misunderstood you. (I am fixated with the lower cut off point for AA). You mean the cut off from AA to AAA.. I agree maybe you could do as you say, by making AAA the top 3%. However, it makes no odds (apart from bragging rights) except at majors, which is the only place AAA is recognised..

i think Steve must be thinking something else doing away with AAA doesnt change anything i would do away with 10% rule for AAA not going down to AA to win more money !

Back