Westfield 9/9/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim french

If you didnt shoot wesfields this Sunday gone you missed a proper sporting shoot. Not sure but I think it was wone with a 91 it matters not I enjoyed it

Was a toss up between this and Wylye for me, sounds like I wouldnt have been disappointed either way should have done both :) was it worth a potential speeding fine :.:

Come on Jim , tell us what made it so special? what gave this one the x factor, you can't tease us by saying we missed out if we didn't go (which I didn't far too far to travel for me) give us some more detail. At least if you say what made it so good other grounds may copy the good bits and leave out the rubbish

Jonz

Come on Jim , tell us what made it so special? what gave this one the x factor, you can't tease us by saying we missed out if we didn't go (which I didn't far too far to travel for me) give us some more detail. At least if you say what made it so good other grounds may copy the good bits and leave out the rubbish

Jonz
some good distance, speed of the clays against a good background. High gun 92 a 85 b78 c69 scores as they should be.

The shoot i went to sunday was also a good shoot.

The scores were 93H/G, 90AA, 88A, 83B, 75C so not a million miles apart.

Jim,

I haven't seen winning scores like that in years ! most of the shoots these days you've got to get 80+ to win C class !

Bet not everyone thought the same as you, that it was a cracker, bet some will moan about their average - It does make me laugh the average is so important to some shooters - Me, I don't care, I'll happliy take high gun with a 70 even if that is 15 below my average

Jonz

Not wishing to get into a my shoot was harder than your shoot debate but the figures may not tell the whole story. Only a very small entry as it was a last minute change from fitasc to sporting and only 6 c class entries may skew the stats somewhat. Not suggesting it wasn't an excellent test, it is after all westfield and that's what we love and expect from the place, but comparing on numbers alone from such a small pool will give a skewed view.

More description of targets would be nice so we can all wish we were there :)

+3 a +5 b +6 c that in a 100 is a million miles
Only 1 between H/G though

68,70.69,75,73,so whats the average?.......71 just where a C class shooter needs to be to go to B class.

So its a load of "pish" 69-75 being a million miles apart thats the scores C class need to be doing just to average out to get to B.

Think about it.

Only 1 between H/G though

68,70.69,75,73,so whats the average?.......71 just where a C class shooter needs to be to go to B class.

So its a load of "pish" 69-75 being a million miles apart thats the scores C class need to be doing just to average out to get to B.

Think about it.
_wat.

C class especially will have higher than 'expected' scores, because many of these folk are on a learning curve and are progressing.

To see a well ordered shoot, with fewer scores 'out of position', look at shoots just after the new gradings in December and June. By the end of the period, it is shuffled more as people find their new levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh deary, deary,

I agree 69 is a score that should be in the C class scores. It is a B class score which is what C class need to be shooting to go up.

The last cut off point were 67.6 - 74.7 so we need to be AVERAGING between these to go up so the odd 75 plus will be needed.

At the end of the day a shoot is a shoot hard/easy, good/bad that is somebody's opinion some people can't shoot long stuff some can't shoot close fast stuff unfutunately we don't have the foresight to see how a ground is laid out to take the option of where to shoot.

So there Jim you've been told !! :oops: But if it's any consolation, I agree with you, good old fashion proper shoots where the winning score is lower or within the range of the class are far better than the shoots where AA is 95+ A class 90+ B class high 80's etc.. "Some good distance targets, speed of the clays against a good background". Its nice to some ground owners still put time and effort into making a good layout, I guess we should just not turn up to the grounds that don't bother to give a challenging course

Jonz

:cool:

Low turnout so quite a few missed the fixture change, anyone know why the sudden change from FITASC to "proper sporting"

Latest posts

Back