Westfield 8/1/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fuzrat i got 3 so easy yet so hard over top if they had been faster i prob would have hit more that pink crosser wasnt much better it was rising only hit the last one never mind learning all the time/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Nailed the pink one /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif only dropped 1 of them and 1 of the orange ones /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif think I've worked out what I'm doing wrong with the teal, My coach has been getting me to shoot stuff quicker as I have a habit of hanging on to things and measure twice to make sure then run out of swing, especially crossers. So anything that drops off at the end of its flight I was tending to miss over the top. I believe I am rushing teal and combined with a too low hold point to try and get on them earlier I am swinging wildly through them and missing over the top /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif time to take a couple of boxes of shells to the practice range and try out my theory methinks /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif  had I shot probably the easiest stand on the course like I knew which end went bang might have made some cash/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

shootclay admin said:

Agreed - anyone who knows any other grounds that want to post here directly afterwards, get them in touch with me... I'm happy to help get stuff online - people would be amazed how many searches I get for "xxxxxxx ground scores" or the like...
Thanks for that Matt but scores at Wylye are on our website and the CPSA site a day or so after each shoot and are available to everyone. The problem with looking at the CPSA site for results is that it shows all the entrants and does not distinguish between 'target only' and competition entries so it can be difficult to see if you have a place.http://www.wylye-shooting.co.uk

Thing is, everybody wants to known scores about 30 seconds after they shoot, not the next day or week. The crowding around he scores computer screen at Westfield clearly shows that. Surely, at least the winners posted same day is possible?Csc3

Northamptons ESP full results from today were linked on FB at about 5 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

One really good thing about he Rbss challenge is that he scores are updated as they come in. I mean several times per day. This industry is generally awful at recognising the need for this.. Well done to those that stick scores up quick / immediately. It shows respect for the clients!CSC3

CleverSC3 said:

Thing is, everybody wants to known scores about 30 seconds after they shoot, not the next day or week. The crowding around he scores computer screen at Westfield clearly shows that.Surely, at least the winners posted same day is possible?Csc3
Quite right. Ours are there now!

When i shoot at mid wales shooting ground which is about an hour and a half door to door,by the time i get home everyones scores (not just the winners)  are on their web page,brilliant especially as quite a few of our international qualifiers  are held there, some other grounds you got to wait a week or two for/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif i get home come in,turn computer on and realise how crap i was!

Optima, turn all actions into positive ones................../wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gifie, if the score is crap then it is a good reason for a GIN!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I have never know why it takes so long to get scores on some grounds homepage or website.There are many grounds out there with sites which just dont get updated quick enough some are so outdated is it worth actually having a homepage/website!It must be easy enough to do as some can manage the next day.Surely grounds have an easy excel format or something already set up and then at the end all they need to do is upload on their homepages with a click of the button???? Glen.

Trap grounds that I go to have the cpsa projector programs that show all the classes and scores on the wall as they progress in each class and category. May be less useful for sporting grounds if you've never seen it. Southern counties is an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I have seen it mate ...Southern Counties use it for their Sporting and Fitasc well they did last time I was there! I dont know how much it would be to make it happen? A small Flat screen in the clubhouse and connect it up to the laptop PC??? Piece of cake??Running scores for all to see. Then the shooters can all crowd around that or be directed to the Flat Screen on the wall! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Might as well install skysports as well for it incase it is raining and I can't be bothered to shoot!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifGlen.

Westfield and Weston Wood have a screen running, and then email results out very quickly - I think Wylye update a white board very quickly as scorecards come back and always post everything online quickly. I remember Grange Farm had a whiteboard and post their results quickly online. These are two EXCELLENT examples of the best way to do things. I can understand that some SG's have had a website developed that makes it difficult to update quickly, there are tons of options for those guys and I'd be happy to help FOC to bring the sport screaming into the 21st century, but most of all I'd like to see our governing body get scores online even quicker.As a few people have said - scores should be online by the time shooters get home. There are no excuses anymore!

I think the CPSA gets them up pretty quickly in general but some grounds don't send them quick enough to the CPSA that needs sorting out. Glen.

You'd've thought in this day and age the grounds' systems would link to HQ! Probably a bit too cutting-edge maybe! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

The system is archaic.For a shoot on a Sunday, the shortest possible time for the CPSA to publish them is 36 hours, i.e Tuesday morning. Even if the ground send the scores in immediately on a Sunday afternoon, the CPSA will update their system on the Monday, but the website only reloads once per day, about 4am I believe. Thats why it will never be faster than a Tuesday morning. Ideally a ground could send them on a Sunday afternoon direct to the CPSA system, for immediate viewing. I will dream on.. CSC3

I dont think they realise what is wanted. I also think that so many shooters have been used to how it is, for so long, that they dont expect to see results quickly. Can you imagine any other sport doing this? A golf tournament, a motor race, a tennis match finishing - and it is announced that the result will be given in 36 to 72 hours time?????? No..It is only newcomers to the sport who turn up and think `WTF?`CSC3

Latest posts

Back