West London Shooting School / AC Sporting Targets - connected?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi MEM,

Same entry road, but different entities.

WLSS is the first ground you come to on Sharvel Lane.

AC Sporting Targets is further on.

Hi MEM,

Same entry road, but different entities.

WLSS is the first ground you come to on Sharvel Lane.

AC Sporting Targets is further on.
Thanks for that, I didn't even know they were there. What sort of shooting do they offer ? 

Practice only at sporting targets.

wednesday, Friday and Saturday they operate. 

Skeet, fitasc and compact are also expected on the menu. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they charge a rip off green fee for using your own cartridges like West London Shooting School does ?

I did my first shooting there.   Not as posh as West London, but very down to earth.  Their sporting is a bit like what they call 5-stand in the US - compact, but fun.  There are trappers who do the scoring too, so if you go alone, it is not a problem.  They also offer a membership where you get discounted clays and lessons included - so great for beginners.  Their opening times are limited wed/fri/sat

one thing - they are a bit anal about safety.   They will not let you shoot until they have seen you shoot and been cleared as 'safe' - or this is how it was a year or two ago I was last there.

http://www.acsportingtargets.com

I did my first shooting there.   Not as posh as West London, but very down to earth.  Their sporting is a bit like what they call 5-stand in the US - compact, but fun.  There are trappers who do the scoring too, so if you go alone, it is not a problem.  They also offer a membership where you get discounted clays and lessons included - so great for beginners.  Their opening times are limited wed/fri/sat

one thing - they are a bit anal about safety.   They will not let you shoot until they have seen you shoot and been cleared as 'safe' - or this is how it was a year or two ago I was last there.

http://www.acsportingtargets.com
there's some good fitasc at the moment and they need to be anal about safety there are some right knobheads about.

there's some good fitasc at the moment and they need to be anal about safety there are some right knobheads about.
I don't doubt it.  Every time I shoot I still hear my instructor from AC (literally) shouting 'break! your! gun!'.   It was an excellent introduction to shooting :)

Experienced shooters may may take offence at having to be vetted though.

I don't doubt it.  Every time I shoot I still hear my instructor from AC (literally) shouting 'break! your! gun!'.   It was an excellent introduction to shooting :)

Experienced shooters may may take offence at having to be vetted though.
Ultimately it's their ground and I am always surprised by the bad habits some experienced shooters display.  If someone  is a serious shooter I really can't see why they would take offence in a 10 minute display  of their ability to be safe.  More places should insist on it I think.  It can only be a good thing really.

I was delighted when I passed my safety test there and thought it was a very sensible idea....also was a useful reminder that we ALL need to be careful....but as Aris says when they told me that's what was going to happen I was a bit taken aback...

And as Sian says there are some knobheads.... you have such a lovely way with words Sian ?

Ultimately it's their ground and I am always surprised by the bad habits some experienced shooters display.  If someone  is a serious shooter I really can't see why they would take offence in a 10 minute display  of their ability to be safe.  More places should insist on it I think.  It can only be a good thing really.
I returned to this ground after about a year absent. Was asked to do safety refresher, thought a cheek. Did it on skeet  -25 straight - upon paying after a days shooting I was told that the safety round was free of charge. Some day all grounds will be this good.

Latest posts

Back