West London FITASC Series

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gav enjoy Dubai and don't try that safety trick with the Cypriot refs they will catch you. 

Did anyone shoot the FITASC today at WLSS? And how was it? Will, I assume you didn't do it this month otherwise we would have had a review by now!

Did anyone shoot the FITASC today at WLSS? And how was it? Will, I assume you didn't do it this month otherwise we would have had a review by now!
No I didn't. NEARLY rang yesterday to see.. But memories of 8 hours at a shoot, to shoot 100 clays last one killed the idea for me..

No I didn't. NEARLY rang yesterday to see.. But memories of 8 hours at a shoot, to shoot 100 clays last one killed the idea for me..
8 hours??? Your talking pish!!! 10am start time and you didn't finish shooting until 6pm?!?!

8 hours??? Your talking pish!!! 10am start time and you didn't finish shooting until 6pm?!?!
These boys need to come up the road for some Scottish Fitasc in the chill!!!

See post 38. Got there just before 9, left just before 5. Had to be on peg 1 at 9.30, finished last layout at 4.45. 7hrs 15m hours spanned shooting, plus a meagre few minutes either end.

Last edited by a moderator:
i shot it yesterday with marr r , it was as always down here a bloody good shoot didnt shoot at all well but everything was there to bo hit no edge on targets and a great squad of people made a good out out .george won it on a 92 which was about the right score , well done to all concerned 

steve

Hi All who shot our Fitasc Sporting, I hope you enjoyed the shoot but would like to know how many of you shooters thought the timings were out?

And any Ideas how we can make it all run Quicker without going to new system?

Hi All who shot our Fitasc Sporting, I hope you enjoyed the shoot but would like to know how many of you shooters thought the timings were out?

I'm keen to return if you can do it! I haven't really looked how its scheduled, but some people were finished 2 hours before I was, yet they only started 30 mins earlier. Is the answer to have three layouts of 33/34?

It was pretty long this time... I am no expert on how you can move people through quicker, but I did notice a number of times that when we walked to Peg 1 (without stopping at a waiting point), there was no previous squad anywhere in sight - I'd be interested to know from the refs, how long they waited for squads to arrive, my guess is that the gaps could be reduced by 10/15 mins - with three rotations on four layouts - that's nearly an hour shorter in the day.

Personally - I am relaxed, the social elements at WLSS and this particular event make it worth the wait sometimes - but I can appreciate that some people don't have the patience for a full day. 

The time is one thing, which is not a disaster per se, but this shoot being held on a weekday, off a major commuter route means that arriving at 9 and leaving at 5 drops you right in it traffic wise, which adds a chunk on the day for most also. So, yes as Matt says, if you could nick an hour off it would help, as the journey home would be much nicer too.

martin this is simple weds you had 49 shooters but sread over 12 squads , so firstly if this is the number you are getting consolidate down into 8 squads not 12 .if you are confident that you will get 12 squads run as i do on 3 layouts and 6 sub layouts but you will need 2 more refs for this system . if you need any advise please call but i aint cheap and london prices will apply .

its difficult with fitasc to know sometimes best to go for 8 squads dont be greedy and keep those 48 people happy 

steve

Back