Vote With Your Feet Or Stop The Moaning !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithers

Right there's loads on the blog regards shooting practice prior to registered shoots etc etc, its not right & do the targets change much ? No, is a completely new course set up for the registered ? Probably not, there all over the place, unless you go you won't know!!!!

Shooting grounds with continuous poor payout ? Broadcast your birds only brigade make other shooters aware how many, if you don't do this we wondered why the payout is crap, the more you look at some of the payouts at these grounds you ask the question.

Why have big prizes for 1st in class pay further down even spred to 5th, if you win a £10 for 5th you walk away happy ish.

Poor payout shoots & cricket score shoots if your not happy let the ground owner no, remember your the customer & your the paying customer !!! Vote with your feet if not happy & maybe the message may get through, I do look at pay outs and results & must say 'value for money' ?

We as shooters shouldn't on media be slagging individual grounds of as the more grounds is good for the sport, we should try to make the ground owners try to understand what the shooter wants, and expects for our hard earned money !

Last edited by a moderator:
Not seen any grounds being criticised.

What blog are you taking about?

I have only seen the threads on here.

More obsession with winning money! It's supposed to be amateur sport! Not the good guys fleecing the beginners and not so good guys.

For me, at my stage, it's me against the clays.

What's the point of paying out to 5th place £10 when your entry was £35 or so! That's like the lottery paying out thousands of people with £2.60.

Maybe payout 1 place for every 10 entries in each class, but I don't really care!

Only shot 3 or 4 comps so far and the entry fees haven't been much more than I'd have to pay for practice clays, around £5 I think.

Practice - Sporting you get to see the clays when waiting your turn so I would expect experienced shooters to be able to dial that in straight away. I do like the idea of going back later in the week and working on sporting stands you struggled with in a comp. T[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]rap/skeet are all trajectories you've shot before so no advantage really once you know the ground/layout/background, any wind that may cause variations is going to be different from day to day, hour to hour.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] The challenge as I see it to make layouts challenging enough to sort out the top shots but not so hard that the newbies/lesser mortals get disheartened.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Of the few grounds I've been to so far only one had an attitude that got up my nose and Dskize probably knows which one I mean, the rest have been really great and helpful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Payouts - I really don't give a damn about, I'd rather see lower entry fees to encourage as many ordinary working folk that aren't 'minted' to take part. For me travel, carts and 100 clays is going to be somewhere around £60 anyway and that's without food or having to overnight somewhere.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Just my humble opinion[/SIZE]

Right there's loads on the blog regards shooting practice prior to registered shoots etc etc, its not right & do the targets change much ? No, is a completely new course set up for the registered ? Probably not, there all over the place, unless you go you won't know!!!!

Shooting grounds with continuous poor payout ? Broadcast your birds only brigade make other shooters aware how many, if you don't do this we wondered why the payout is crap, the more you look at some of the payouts at these grounds you ask the question.

Why have big prizes for 1st in class pay further down even spred to 5th, if you win a £10 for 5th you walk away happy ish.

Poor payout shoots & cricket score shoots if your not happy let the ground owner no, remember your the customer & your the paying customer !!! Vote with your feet if not happy & maybe the message may get through, I do look at pay outs and results & must say 'value for money' ?

We as shooters shouldn't on media be slagging individual grounds of as the more grounds is good for the sport, we should try to make the ground owners try to understand what the shooter wants, and expects for our hard earned money !
I kind of agree with what you are saying. But i feel as far as explaining to shoot owners what we want is almost impossible.

As some of the shoots that I and my mates, class as a poor shoot target wise, he has had others give praise.

Sporting courses vary so much. As the shooters tastes for that shoot.

Have said before very difficult to please everybody, nope make that impossible.

I think that the great majority are not driven by the payout of a shoot as there is only small percentage to the shoot that wins anything.  But I will say that when you are fortunate enough  to get a draw it does seems sometimes disappointing .  Although for me the its just enjoyable to have shot well enough in my class. Any monies is a bonus. I am not sure how many are like me but I imagine quite a few.

glad i only shoot for fun now and having a laugh with the great friends i,ve met through shooting

and the great stress relief after along week at work

if a high score and money was why i shoot i,d have handed back my certificate long ago

theres more important things to worry about, like trying to explain to mrs darth what muller choke

combination i would like for chrimbo :nyam:

Winning is the first step, collecting the prize is another! Someone thoughtfully collected my prize for me, but unfortunately they were un- known to me! But the ground made good!

glad i only shoot for fun now and having a laugh with the great friends i,ve met through shooting

and the great stress relief after along week at work

if a high score and money was why i shoot i,d have handed back my certificate long ago

theres more important things to worry about, like trying to explain to mrs darth what muller choke

combination i would like for chrimbo :nyam:
Steve I never got on with mine. The quality was poor with the black coating coming off the ends before I had even shot them.

They did not pattern well either. They took a lot of cleaning after use. Put them on EBAY. There are a lot for sale on EBAY.

If you order make sure you ask for a set with has not got the black coating coming off.

Might have just been a rogue set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not understand the post or some of the words or how they were in the same sentence...either..... :wink:

Vino o'clock post ....blog......thread whatever......maybe :laugh:

Note...I do not partake in vino o'clock.

Still do not understand the point the OP was trying to make.

Lost the will to bother now.

Adios :wink:

I don't understand what the post is referring to. A lot of stuff about prize payouts though, and I just cannot understand why people concern themselves with prize money so much. We all spend a lot of money on our chosen disciplines and the prize money although nice when it does come should never be the focus.

A shooter who is only interested in winning money should try to focus on their game, do that right and maybe the money will sort itself out. If you can't then go to the Mecca Bingo instead.

Latest posts

Back