My Gun is Better Than Yours - Please Explain Why

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you get into mid range priced guns there is little difference in quality, its how it feels and fits whilst you are shooting that counts, people well always endulge in "0ne upmanship" ignore and enjoy your shooting.

WE all pay our money and make our choices BUT my gun IS better than your gun :)   Re the VTR great bike but then again not as good as my bike :)  

Hope you got a tz250 jwpxzx9r because thats the best comercialy available bike ever sold,four strokes are plane bad unless your a street rider with a 70mph speed limit making most road bikes irrelevent.

Hope you got a tz250 jwpxzx9r because thats the best comercialy available bike ever sold,four strokes are plane bad unless your a street rider with a 70mph speed limit making most road bikes irrelevent.
Ha Ha ! No don't have a TZ250... never had a stroker other than my first bike which was a KH250. Since then its been in order KH650, KZ100J, GPX1100B2,GPZX1100R, Yamaha XT600,KZ1100RR, KGPZ9R,Honda CGR929rr Fireblade and now a BMW 1200GS ... a nice bike for the elderly to plod about on seen  here at the top of the Col du Tourmalet ... I do not know what the bike fuss is biking to the top of that I have done it loads of times and never felt the least bit tired  :)  DSCN2141.JPG i

Last edited by a moderator:
The VTR is great fun for wheeling 😊

View attachment 7610
It was a great bike... which Honda only made to prove that Ducati were at it in WSBK with all the concessions they were getting... they very quickly won a championship then dropped it in favour of a four again. WSBK is dead now although Ducati have just introduced their moto gp doppelganger... so it can go two ways now either other manufacturers follow suit or they pack it in completely as I do not see much going past the Duc. 

I think this gun is magic and is better than all other guns. Imagine the savings on cartridges.
f401744be55c202779b9d549b80e242b.jpg

It was a great bike... which Honda only made to prove that Ducati were at it in WSBK with all the concessions they were getting... they very quickly won a championship then dropped it in favour of a four again. WSBK is dead now although Ducati have just introduced their moto gp doppelganger... so it can go two ways now either other manufacturers follow suit or they pack it in completely as I do not see much going past the Duc. 
I thought the Honda SP1 and SP2 were two of the best bikes ever to turn a wheel on the road ( or track ) . I stopped watching super bikes as much when Nori Chan called it a day .  I followed my mate around the Isle of Man , his VTR had a custom Zorstec system with short high mount cans . It was like getting punched multiple times by a heavyweight boxer . We both ended up with Aprilia Mille Factory models as our last bikes. 

05E99CB7-A8FF-4676-8EAE-6832F4DC6AB3.jpeg

that guns better than my pidgeon magnet !! brilliant picture,would love to know the full story behind it.?

I had a 692 (and a 682 before that) and changed to a DT11. The latter is a lot better built as one would expect at double the price. It doesn’t have the adjustable ejector cams which are a weakness on the 692 (mine were fine) and got dropped on the newer ones. The part composite top lever on the 692 easily got scratched. The self tightening forend lock mechanism was not great and the torx screws loosened. The DT11 is built like a tank especially the cross lock action and even the ejectors feel beefier. I think with the 692 they tried to add new things but none of which were really needed or improved your ownership experience. The DT11 just followed an already great design from the DT10 / ASE.

Does that make the 692 a bad gun? No. Mine only had the forend loosening over 20k cartridges. But you do notice these other things moving to a DT. Is that worth double the price - not really unless you are shooting at the top level. Part of my upgrade reasoning was also getting a custom stock.

I have had Beretta 680 which was my introduction to the company back in the early 80's then followed by an assortment of 682,  followed by a mental problem causing me to move away from Beretta for a few years but thankfully the pills worked and came back to Beretta with a DT10 and will not do silly things again except for perhaps another DT10 in trap to keep my other gun cosy and warm on these cold nights. 😂

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
You see Lots of the older 68 series and Browning Miroku guns used in comps and if the owner is a good shot still up there on the leader boards.. 

I have had expensive guns and cheap guns. If it's a decently made used mid range gun you can have the triggers fettled to break nice and crisp. The ballance can be altered along with fit to give you a gun that fits and shoots as good if not better than the expensive guns.

Main thing is to enjoy your shooting and ignore gun snobs. It is after all just a scatter gun not a precision rifle.

Main thing is to enjoy your shooting and ignore gun snobs. It is after all just a scatter gun not a precision rifle.
speaking of snob statements ! ! !  

I would be fascinated to know what it is that somehow elevates a precision rifle and just what criteria are employed to assure that the object of worship is indeed "precision"?  Actually that's pretty much just a rhetorical question cos I really  don't GAF   🤣

"It seemed to me," said Wonko the Sane, "that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane."

Just a thought  :wink:

I missed some of these posts only just caught up 😜

Back