My Gun is Better Than Yours - Please Explain Why

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoot a Beretta 692.  I am sure my competence will never match, let alone beat, that of the 692.  Yet my pals continually tell me that their Ceaser Guerinni and or other Italian/German Gun is better, but can’t quantify why.

This reminds me of my ‘biker pals saying my VTR is ‘old hat’ and should be replaced.  I have owned it since 2002, and whilst they have had dozens of motorcycles since then, they are unable to quantify the ‘advantages’ of their new machines.

I do, of course, appreciate the subjective view, but can anyone articulate, objectively, why your CG ... etc is better that my - for example - 692?

Thank you

L&M

Fair Imogen

(12g, 30” Sporter)
My pops had a VTR, lovely bike it was. I have a Suzuki M800 & Yamaha YZ80

Like you said, their views are subjective, and mean nothing to anyone else, probably just a bit of fluffy rabbits?.

As long as your gun fires the cartridge, the shot comes out the barrel, and goes someone near where your pointing it, surely that's all that matters?

I had an amplifier at one time that the volume went up to !12! and that even one better than 11!! and it was LOUD.

My gun is better than your gun because if your gun was better I'd have that and I don't so ipso facto mine is better

I had an amplifier at one time that the volume went up to !12! and that even one better than 11!! and it was LOUD.

My gun is better than your gun because if your gun was better I'd have that and I don't so ipso facto mine is better
Went a bit Spinal Tap there Wonks..

...but you nailed the reply!

My gun is better then yours simply because it is mine!
One must wonder then if it will retain its better-ness if it survives your care    :no:    :yes:

and that would be "better than yours".  Best be careful or you'll get your posts reported for grammar!!

One must wonder then if it will retain its better-ness if it survives your care    :no:    :yes:

and that would be "better than yours".  Best be careful or you'll get your posts reported for grammar!!
Imagine that an antipodean cousin lectruring me on Grammar 😂 :logik:

A mistype not bad grammar!

Imagine that an antipodean cousin lectruring me on Grammar 😂 :logik:

A mistype not bad grammar!

Sounds a bit like, “Me white man like gun”.

tho still a fragment, you might consider - A mistype, not bad grammar.  And that would be "lecturing",  not "lectruring".

But I know it's more fun to make things up than it is to worry about some pesky archaic rules   :angel:   I like lotsa commas cos that's the way I speak now with the brain damage.

Sounds a bit like, “Me white man like gun”.

tho still a fragment, you might consider - A mistype, not bad grammar.  And that would be "lecturing",  not "lectruring".

But I know it's more fun to make things up than it is to worry about some pesky archaic rules   :angel:   I like lotsa commas cos that's the way I speak now with the brain damage.
another mistype...would have thought that obvious to somebody so intelligent.

tho Is actually tho' as its foreshgortened it must have an apostrophe but i am sure that was just a mistype🙄

mistype ??  not at all.  I've decided that rules are just silliness and a needless bother.  The internet abounds with original grammar and spelling so that must be a common belief.  And of course we all know that belief is the basis of all truth.

mistype ??  not at all.  I've decided that rules are just silliness and a needless bother.  The internet abounds with original grammar and spelling so that must be a common belief.  And of course we all know that belief is the basis of all truth.
Your beginning to sound similar to the Bugblatter Beast of Traal! 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
Back