Visiting the Perazzi Factory - Whats to know?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do get one Greg from Continental Shooting Supplies, get the barrel and a half one - its helps to carry all your gubbins at the other end and a 32" covers you for future needs. PhilR will tell you of the time they dragged his case along the tarmac until the stock was worn away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gulp! Now you are scaring me  :fie:

Gun and a half? You'll have to explain that one?

DT
Greg I think he means a case that will take two sets of barrels. My old DT10 came with such a case. As for the other stuff, yes I've heard some horror stories about baggage handlers and guns too. These guys really do not care what is in a piece of baggage, therefore it is best to get the best possible case, even if it costs a fair whack. Rob Mulliner on this forum uses a rather hefty looking case for his K80 and I think he uses it to take abroad too, so it might be worth sending him a PM to find out what it is.

I have two peli 1700, with foam,both will take two guns,i will lend you one for free,will sell you a sheet of uncut foam if you want.But,I live near leeds.

Rupert, that is incredibly generous of you and I may well take you up on your kind offer if I cannot get sorted out more locally.

Cheers

DT

I used to travel with a normal Perazzi ABS case. On an inbound Easyjet flight from Malaga to Stansted my guncase arrived at the oversize luggage section looking like it had been dragged along the tarmac. There was a hole in one corner where the ABS had been worn away and the lock was broken.

I reported the damage and was told sporting equipment is 'limited release' or some such phrase, which means the airline/ handlers aren't responsible it's down to my insurers.

Worse was to come when I went to declare the gun at Customs as I discovered the three week old Essevierre stock had been damaged and was cracked through the grip.

Another trip to report the additional damage found an unsympathetic member of staff with the same fob off story.

Fortunately my insurers, NFU, paid for a return trip for me to Italy to have a replacement stock made by Essevierre again and also a much more substantial gun box from John Heading.

I get back from the UT European Champs in Portugal on 11th June and you can borrow my Heading gun box if that will help.

I also have to say that in over twenty years of travelling abroad by plane using a bog standard Perazzi box this damage is the first I've had, and I've never heard of anybody else having such an incident either.

Look sharp then,im on holiday from Saturday lunch till June 3rd,driving from leeds to Gatwick Saturday afternoon.

There is a  Hardigg im 3300 case olive green on the well known auction site at the moment.

Well after a long day at Essevierre here it is!

post-1056-0-63465700-1403720445.jpg

Full report when I get back

DT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 0
Looks good, originally you where going to Perazzi for a new stock, what changed your mind to get one from Essevierre?

As I am looking to get a stock made by Perazzi when I go to Europe next year.

Latest posts

Back