Video Cameras for recording Shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shot Glen. Some smart phones are better for filming than the digital cameras. A proper cam is what I'm eventually going to buy but at the moment I use an iphone, you can edit and upload straight to YouTube from the phone.

Thanks Ben,

I have heard this one is pretty good? Any thoughts ideas or advice on what to go for is appreciated.

JVC GZ-E205REK Full HD Camcorder - Red

Resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD Media SD/SDXC Card LCD Screen 3.0" 230k-pixel (frameless touch panel) Sensitivity (lux) Super LoLux Optical Zoom 40x Digital Zoom 200x Image Stabiliser Advanced image stabiliser Focus Auto & Manual Sensor (in pixels) CMOS 1/5.8" Photo Mode Photo Mode Yes Memory Card SD/SDXC Card Sound Dolby Digital 2ch Maximum resolution on memory card (in pixels) 2 megapixels Connectivity Audio Output Yes Compatible Platforms Windows Supplied Software Pixela Everio MediaBrowser 4 (Windows) Computer Interface USB 2.0 Misc Possible power supply Mains power + USB charge Weight (in grams) 190 g Dimensions 116 x 50.5 x 55 mm Accessories included AC Adapter, Battery Pack (BN-VG108), AV Cable, USB Cable, Built-in Camera Software

I'm researching the same thing at the moment Glen (I know nothing about video and only a touch more about still cameras) but that JVC looks pretty good - I looked at the same one in duty free a couple of weeks ago, but they only had it in bright red, I wanted a black or silver one. Am going through T5 on Saturday, so may have another look.

This one also seems pretty good at around the same price : Panasonic V100 - and has some reviews that seem to support it.

Have to say though - I know next to nothing about video cameras (my last one had tapes in it)

I am the same, no idea but I know the one my dad has is ok for close work but as soon as the zoom is being used to a greater extent and you have faster moving objects the clarity is compromised big time.

I have heard you need to go for the biggest optical zoom you can not neccessarily the digital zoom?

Have to see though. I want to be able to film the shooting and make some videos and the biggest problem is picture quality and visibility everytime.

That sounds right to me - the same issue with point and shoot digital cameras, the optical zoom is always much better than the digital zoom - as all that does, is reduce resolution to fill the screen. I think we both want to do the same, film shooting - and the most difficult thing is picking up the clays. BenW does this well on an iPhone - so I'm hoping a decent HD camera will do the trick as well.

Watch out Tobi will be along telling you to make a new thread for this camera chat on what was an International cup winning thread......(smilesknowingly)

That sounds right to me - the same issue with point and shoot digital cameras, the optical zoom is always much better than the digital zoom - as all that does, is reduce resolution to fill the screen. I think we both want to do the same, film shooting - and the most difficult thing is picking up the clays. BenW does this well on an iPhone - so I'm hoping a decent HD camera will do the trick as well.
Well it is not the end of the world for 200 odd quid so will do a little bit more searching but definitely going to buy one soon.

With the little camera I have it just saves them on my PC when I attach via USB as a windows player file and then I can upload on you tube etc.

I guess this will be the same for the camcorder? Maybe BenW knows???

Other thing is how do they do all this quality editing???? Is that done pre-upload?

Going to be interesting that is for sure but should be good fun!

I think these two cameras come with SD cards, so you just pop that in and import either using the client that comes with the camera, or just using your Windows/Mac.

A few guys at work upload videos (parachutes, cars etc) - and they use Windows Live Movie Maker for the editing, its free and easy - and has the main features you need without spending money (titles, transitions blah blah)

Just had a play with it seems like it is easy enough to use may take a bit of time to get used to editing and some of the more technical features.

:)

BenW's movies from an iphone are great! I would be careful about investing in a camera; given that iphone 5 is due out soon with my upgrade.

Movie Maker is what I first used to edit all the clips together, it's easy and more than good enough. I now use AVS Video Editor because you can save the final movie in any format including HD.

If anyone is going to film with an iPhone or iPad I recommend downloading an APP called FiLMiC PRO. It lets you set the focus and light so it doesn't try to reset when you move which causes the blurriness.

Latest posts

Back