Victory Sporters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

move-mount-miss

How would they compare with Kent Velocities/Hull Superfast/Olympics?

Has anyone got any experience of these shells?

Any opinions much appreciated, I did search but couldn't see anything about them.

Used the victory 24g compaks for skeet great shell. Continental size so 8s are UK 7.5 Used the victory sporter 28g fibre and plastic for sporting soft recoil on a par with CompX. Not the fastest shell but hit clays effectively. Plastics no probs. fibre 7s and 8s just as good but the fibre 9s lots of confetti. Available from clayshootingrus. Hope that helps?

Used to use them years ago up north when my pal Barry Phethean was the importer. Now Richard Blacker has taken over and you can get them through him.

:fie:    Barry Who???????????????? :crazy:   :crazy:  
Yes that's right....good old Barry Who.

(For those that don't know.....all the Fitasc regulars on the circuit have (from many years ago) nicknames. Barry Who came about when no one could understand who to spell Phethean (pronounced Fethian)....it got Johnny Foreigner every time.

Well remembered Guru....!!

I have been hearing some newly created nicknames post Dubai...hee hee....very very good.

I remember Barry very well Nicola,  Myself and Paul James used to come up to Saddleworth Moor and shoot Barrys annual Fitasc shoot, targets set by Keith Row and Bob Hollings? lots beneath your feet and not a lot of bread and butter targets, we used to stay in the pub across the valley (very nice) and on Saturday night we all went out on the pi** and had a meal!  Good old Fitasc days. :crazy:  .

NO Prima Donnas at that shoot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was always a great shoot and tough terrain.

I actually introduced him to Fitasc and competition shooting. When I first met him he was using an auto throwing a few clays in his field. So I smartened him up....got him a proper set of guns....and showed him what competition was like. Then he was off.

He is on Isle of Man now and still with his 1st love....motorbikes...!!

He is on Isle of Man now and still with his 1st love....motorbikes...!!
Is that the same guy? I have heard of him from IOM TT. You learn something every day, I just never put the two together.

Sidecars??? You have to be completely mad to do that!!!  :biggrin:

Is that the same guy? I have heard of him from IOM TT. You learn something every day, I just never put the two together.

Sidecars??? You have to be completely mad to do that!!!  :biggrin:
Yes he used to be a side car nutter in his early days :wink:

I  remember Biddenhausen and the Dutch Fitasc grand prix back in the 90's, Barry Who had some cheap nylon hiking boots! he took them off while we were all sat around drinking after shooting and they stank the patio area out :fie:   someone (Keith Roe or Barry Holmes?  put them in the ornimental pond :haha:    Last year I noticed that the pond has been filled in? :crazy:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I  remember Biddenhausen and the Dutch Fitasc grand prix back in the 90's, Barry Who had some cheap nylon hiking boots! he took them off while we were all sat around drinking after shooting and they stank the patio area out :fie:   someone (Keith Roe or Barry Holmes?  put them in the ornimental pond :haha:    Last year I noticed that the pond has been filled in? :crazy:  
Even the fish couldn't stand the stink and moved out??  :sarcastic:

Thanks for the replies, I can get them locally in 7.5s for £165 a 1000.

I like the look of the posh high brass for budget money.

Latest posts

Back