Value for Money - Berretta vs Browning vs Miroku ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have had a Beretta and not been able to 'get on with it', chances are you may never get on with a Beretta. I have been through the super gun syndrome, SO4, MX2000s, etc. etc.. and never really shot well with any of them. I happened on a Miroku MK10 trap in grade 3. It is the same as the MK38 sporter (almost), shot it, liked it and to date, the love affair continues, after over 4 years. The only Beretta that I can shoot well with is the 391 field model auto (sorry ips ! but I promise not to use it for trap, honest). I would try all of the guns that you are considering buying, preferably against each other. Buy the one that you believe is best and go through it all again in a couple of years. Good Luck.  

Value for money?!

Caesar guerini.
Someone had to say it :good:  

As others have said, the Beretta/Browning/Miroku are all great options. But if you want real value and quality take a look at the Guerini. I am so pleased I did, I've owned the others but my CG is easily the best VFM. 

Wesley

you are correct i have known many who cannot get on with beretta especially so series and dt series.

Seems to me the most shooter friendly guns i have to admit are miroku as so many go back to them.

Bit agricultural for me but i am very vain and like my bling :)

Ps - auto you say. Whatever floats your boat :)

If you saw my Miroku it is more 'Blue Peter' than agricultural. I have one of those superb green pad thingy's (thanks to Mr. Izzard) which in turn is held out at the heel by 3 bits of sheet lead. (balance and pitch alterations). There are then a couple of 3/8th Briley's sticking out at the other end. Bottom line is I can SHOOT IT, it fits, but by removal of the bits and refitting the original trap pad the gun is back to 'original' just in case something else comes along.

P.S.

I prefer 'blitz' to bling ! 

Last edited by a moderator:
That second link does look a bit tasty, Shame there aren't some better pictures !

I've never tried a 32" barrel but it must be a hefty bit of kit for sure, shame they won't do a PX on it.

Has anyone dealt with the seller: Martin Perkin before ?

That second link does look a bit tasty, Shame there aren't some better pictures !

I've never tried a 32" barrel but it must be a hefty bit of kit for sure, shame they won't do a PX on it.

Has anyone dealt with the seller: Martin Perkin before ?
I bought my 525 from them good shop carry LH stock which is rare, the no PX is as its a commission sale, I'm sure they would sell yours on commission they have a tie in with barby sporting (same owner iirc) soyou can try before you buy the 32" miroku trap gun I bought is better balanced than my 30" 525 and is lighter in the shoulder. Give them a call and ask for better pics they are a decent bunch worth a trip IMO if its still there

Last edited by a moderator:
@HDAV - I also have a 32" L/Handed CG Challenger, you're more than welcome to try it if ever in these parts. 

Wesley

you are correct i have known many who cannot get on with beretta especially so series and dt series.

Seems to me the most shooter friendly guns i have to admit are miroku as so many go back to them.

Bit agricultural for me but i am very vain and like my bling :)

Ps - auto you say. Whatever floats your boat :)
You're just a poser Ian!!!! Flippin northern rich boys!!! :biggrin:

He says with his brand spanking new DT11 :)

He says with his brand spanking new DT11 :)
Ha.....it's not new now......I got it last year!!!! Tried a beast of a K80 at the weekend too!!!! It was all black and brutal looking.  :laugh:

K80 ?

You out of your mind mate :)
OK to bring the thread back out of the drift.........K80 is not value for money when compared to the guns mentioned by the OP of course.  All the guns originally mentioned are far better looking and cheaper than a K80, but one really must try things out! Yes the gun looked brutal, the only word for it, but I guess the same could be said about the old 682X's which we both used to shoot! :laugh:

Nicely brought back mate, i am impressed :)

Back