Trap theft

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

Question for folks that hear about trap theft , all the ones I hear about are all Promatic , is this the case or do Laporte , Bowman , Bidwell grab the same attention ???

Don't get too carried away on the quality aspect of these traps - they still break down, believe me. Spares are an horrendous price too. But £250 for a trap in a pub car park seems like excellent value!

On a more serious note - obviously these traps are being taken to order. The market for this stuff locally is limited to farmers and gamekeepers as I'm sure no legitimate shooting ground would touch them. I have a pet theory that Ireland is the destination for this stuff - not that it will ever be proven but its just a thought.

I'll agree...the majority of machines disappearing appear to be Promatic...this leads many of us to believe they are stolen to order.

Believe me, we have reports of machines - some only weeks old - being stolen from grounds. Unfortunately this also leads to the assumption that who removed them are actual shooters who go to the grounds as they will know where they are stored or have been installed.

Back