To Teague or not to Teague?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used Briley extended after sales chokes for the last 4 years, I/C in both. The gun is more capable than I am with it and will dust all of the clays encountered on a sporting layout, including the '60' yarders.

Nicola,

If tight chokes are required for Game, why are most fixed choke English side by sides rarely tighter than 3/4 choke ?, unless it is a Wildfowling piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having read some of your posts in the past I am very disappointed with your comments and they don't even deserve a sensible response.

When I read your posts I can't help thinking, "That guy has done too much LSD or something..."
That's very hurtful 

I'm certainly sorry t h a t  y o u  don't seem able to accept some constructive criticism and suggestions for consideration.  Perhaps it may be nothing more than a difference of dialects.  Not that I believe that to be the case.

You see, what I don't understand is why buyers, and aftermarket purveyors as well, seem to think that they know better how to build a gun than a company that has about a bazillion wins with it products.  A company that will build you just about ANYTHING you want in terms of features.  

well, anyway, not to flog the poor whores any more than already.

So have a great week end!  Nothing like some fresh air and sunshine ....................  oh, sorry.  I guess you don't get to do that

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonko I see where you're coming from but unless you're loaded, going to remortgage your house or are at the top of the game (worth sponsoring), getting any manufacturer to build a gun to your spec is a non-starter. Way I'm going is building mine a bit at a time as resources allow, I know what I want to end up with but it'll take a year or two, and the whole project will have cost around 3k. In the mean time I want to keep shooting.

Agree with Mr wonko get your priorities right man.

.. I want to retire and shoot more, not work longer just to pay off a mortgage I can get by without. Anyway I'm not going to pay what I consider over the odds and still not have the gun I want.

I'm very happy with the gun I use most but there's just a couple of mods I'd like to make to the stock, really happy with the muller chokes and if I could source/justify the cost of the Remington carts I'd be sorted. I'd just need to serve my 'apprenticeship' as Salopian put it.

Back