They're out...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. I'm already headed for A in June! Just under the current cutoff, even if the cycle 50 cutoffs go up again I'll be hard pressed to stay down! :)

Just saying !!!
Doh !!!!

Its been noted before that all averages should be taken from a minimum of 500 registered targets with no more than 300 from the same ground, that way you get a fairer average & prevents some false averages from those that just shoot the same grounds, if not in all disciplines then deff ESP, STR & FITASC !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doh !!!!

Its been noted before that all averages should be taken from a minimum of 500 registered targets with no more than 300 from the same ground, that way you get a fairer average & prevents some false averages from those that just shoot the same grounds, if not in all disciplines then deff ESP, STR & FITASC !!!
That's where I've been going wrong then, shooting too many targets at too many grounds in all weathers ?????

Doh !!!!

That or you need a system that takes in to account the difficulty of the shoot itself. If everyone, even the duffers get 100x then obviously it was a too soft shoot. Scoring 100 on that day should possibly only add a 50 to your score. If messers Digweed and co can't scrape more than 90 then it was probably a tad diffucult and your 60 would get you a 75. Golf manages to do this for millions of people of widely differing abilities.

That or you need a system that takes in to account the difficulty of the shoot itself. If everyone, even the duffers get 100x then obviously it was a too soft shoot. Scoring 100 on that day should possibly only add a 50 to your score. If messers Digweed and co can't scrape more than 90 then it was probably a tad diffucult and your 60 would get you a 75. Golf manages to do this for millions of people of widely differing abilities.
My system is written and filed away. But let's not open this one again!

I can't even believe that they try to apply averaging  statistics to things that are not comparable! In theory, at least ,with the trap OT and UT disciplines because the grounds "should" have regulated the targets and everybody shoots the same targets so there should be some correlation between grounds... ABT and DTL although the parameters are the same...  forget it you don't know what targets you were shooting compared to anybody else so impossible to compare. Sporting targets... impossible every ground sets slightly different targets there are far too many variables just in the targets then take into account then different weather and light conditions for both trap and sporting and you are having a laugh... scratch is the only sensible way forward for all concerned. If your only mantra is that you want to in some way be compared to someone else who is just as crap/good as yourself then clutching on to being winner in C,B or what ever class other than scratch is the way to go.

In sporting, amongst the frequent shooters, it works pretty well. Sure, shoots vary, but most shooters shoot lots of events at enough different venues to get a representative result. Even if you think you know a ground, they often surprise you with a shoot that is tougher or easier than you were expecting..

I've kept in the same classes in all disciplines which is consistent but unfortunately not improving
it's also quite amazing as you are in the money every week. ??

It's only taken me 5 years but I am finally out of effing C class. And no they haven't introduced a D class....

it's also quite amazing as you are in the money every week. ??

It's only taken me 5 years but I am finally out of effing C class. And no they haven't introduced a D class....
In which case I consider my 20 months to get from C to B a bloody miracle! ( taking up a new hobby at 55 there's not a lot of time to get going either! )

In which case I consider my 20 months to get from C to B a bloody miracle! ( taking up a new hobby at 55 there's not a lot of time to get going either! )
I wouldn't use my inabilities as a yardstick but good effort none the less. Here's to A class ?

Been shooting for 2 years so to get into A class I am a happy bunny especially as I only joined CPSA 6 months ago .........Yes alright I just scraped in!

now to  cement it .

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I will join in just for fun.

AA dtl

B abt

B ot

still not too bothered about classes though. I aim to be in the top 25% of the comp on the day at the very least or I am not a happy bunny.

Latest posts

Back