The Science of the Tight Collar

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said Nicola, though here is one for you to try.

Remember you teacher trying to get the class to be quiet and would say sshh and put two fingers to her lips ? Well that will have stuck in your mind,ever saw a public speaker trying to get you attention use the fingers on the lips, give it a go sometime.

chiefy

Well said Nicola, though here is one for you to try.

Remember you teacher trying to get the class to be quiet and would say sshh and put two fingers to her lips ? Well that will have stuck in your mind,ever saw a public speaker trying to get you attention use the fingers on the lips, give it a go sometime.

chiefy
You will love this Clanchief......... ....... I am afraid, as someone who was expelled from convent school 5 times, that that system does not ever seem to have worked with me. I have seen it work on others in cinemas, but I have always hated it......so rude :) and therefore i always tend to feel that i have to repeat whatever it was that i was being 'shut up for', again, but louder. ..

If I am in the rare position of needing to attract several peoples attention, I find tinging a glass with a knife is quite effective, failing that, I have been known to shout :) and after 30 years of calling horses off the moor.......I actually find that works best for me :) :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back