New Gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missedit

So after 17 years away from shooting and a 14 week wait for my SGC it finally turned up last Wednesday. After trying several guns over the last few months I made my purchase yesterday (Saturday), a Browning 725. I got it home and changed the chokes for 1/2 and 1/4 which I intend to leave alone now. This morning (Sunday) I set off for my first instructor guided shoot. The first stand was a going away which I turned to dust but felt a fair kick, as I followed the second bird and gained as I squeezed the trigger I found it to be solid! It appears the first shot was a double discharge! Great!! Now I'm worried about the gun and whats going to happen next, whether I should just take it back or if I'd incorrectly assembled it. After checking tings over we opted to carry on. Anyway 125 cartridges later it hasn't missed a beat and I feel very comfortable with it.I feel really connected to the gun and despite the first shot hiccup I really enjoyed shooting it and I can't wait for my next opportunity to get out there! The gun is all clean and shiny and lubed and greased after watching several youtube videos for a bit of guidance. 

I've been reading loads of content on this forum and I'm really grateful for the advice that you guys have taken the time to post and share, your experience, knowledge and opinions make great reading!

It's still early days for me but there is an opportunity to take part in the club shoot in a couple of weeks time which although I'll probably walk away with the wooden spoon I might just give it a go for the experience and get to know one or two of the other club members and an opportunity for me to practice some more. Also its a benchmark for me to track my progress and hopefully look back in a years time and (hopefully) see some improvements 

Happy shooting!

Back