Sussex Guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

I thought I would just contribute a shop review that might be of interest to any Sussex readers out there.I have recently been dealing with Sussex Guns, a new shop in Catsfield, near Battle, East Sussex.  The shop is based on the owners working farm and it has a lovely feel to the place.  The last two times I’ve been there, one of which was last night, I’ve been fed tea and cakes.  Always a good way to get me on side.  The shop is not massive but has plenty in there, and the owner is more than happy for customers to have a good look and feel of the products.  You know what it’s like in some shops.  Picking up the toys in the shop makes you feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.  No?  Oh not shopped in Tunbridge wells then.We had, for about ten years been buying clays and cartridges from Country Way, West Malling, Kent.  Again a good shop, but about an hour away from where we live.  We were travelling all that way for our cartridges, but now we get them delivered for free, by a shop that offered a better price.  We also have six or seven pallets of clays a year, which Sussex Guns was also able to arrange and deliver to our farm.I wanted to put my spare shot gun into the shop to sell.  I work in London and commute so can’t get to the shop during opening hours.  I also have been thinking about having a crack with night vision for the foxes.  Not only did Jeremy, the owner, offer for me to come to the shop last night, he arranged for a full demo of the night vision out in his fields. I was impressed enough to now have the kit at home ready to mount on my .223 foxing rifle.Jeremy has also set up one of the farm buildings with the dry fire training aid.  Anybody is welcome to try it, or book it for longer practise sessions.He is new to this, and loves hearing ideas from people for what they want in a gun shop.  His website is http://www.sussexguns.com, which he is always looking to improve or add toIf you’re in the area then have a look.  He is having an open day on the 10th December for mulled wine and mince pies etc.CheersWoody

Good stuff. Must be a tough business environment out there and excellent customer service always goes a long way

Sounds good hope he does well,even in this current climate some shops just can't be bothered,more fool them i say.

Back