Stock length

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam McNally

Hi all my browning medalist is far to short for me buy a good inch or more have been using a foam recoil pad in a neoprene sleeve to add length but it moves and slipped out of my shoulder on Sunday. Are there any better methods to add length without the expense of having it professionally altered thanks.

Yes the best i have used in the past is a rubber sleeved version with a recoil pad incorporated. It will give you an extra 1/2" to 3/4" and it never slips. It's also thin enough not to get in the way around the stock and comb.

I have put shaped wood inside it before fitting it to get more length when required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your best bet really is to have a thicker pad fitted in my opinion to increase the length. It won't cost the earth, but will make a difference.

My first gun was too short, and as a result gave me some bad bruising to my shoulder! My poor gun mount didn't help of course!

Funny because I used to have all sorts of shoulder gel pads fitted to my skeet vests and stuff, and now have none!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy a black bakerlite material that comes in various thicknesses from 4mm to 25mm.

You can fit yourself and then grind / file down until you are happy with finish.

I have done it with a couple of my guns due to being bigger than the average bear and LOP being quite long.

Hi all my browning medalist is far to short for me buy a good inch or more have been using a foam recoil pad in a neoprene sleeve to add length but it moves and slipped out of my shoulder on Sunday. Are there any better methods to add length without the expense of having it professionally altered thanks.
I would agree with some of the above.  It may be wise to take the opportunity to fit a large, but decent pad such as the new X-Pad from Recoil Systems (ISIS), as this will also help reduce recoil.

http://www.recoilsystems.com/xpad/default.asp

Also, if the gun has been shortened, perhaps for a lady shooter, has the pitch been altered?  It would be worth checking that.

Vulcanite and a recoil pad is a cheap way to extend any gun, loads of black does not look as nice as wood but it's a good and cheap fix.

I hafe let made new stocks for my guns because i shoot left handed and the most stocks

are right hand ,now u can buy guns from the factory ,hafe let made it for my 3 b25 but now

i shoot with a fabarm axis sporting , greets :hi:

Latest posts

Back