Sporting Targets Beretta & Browning open day

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesterse

Just got back from the Sporting Targets (Bedfordshire) open day where both Beretta and Browning had stands where you view, try out and discuss their new products.

The format was that you were booked in by a Sporting Targets rep. who then gave you a "goodie bag" which was worth having for the Sporting Targets cap alone.

You could then try any of the guns available from the Beretta/Benelli and Browning/Winchester ranges.

It was interesting that Browning provided cartridges (Winchester Silvers, who can afford them) and Beretta didn't.

The first gun I tried was a Beretta A400 xcel auto 32" without kick off recoil reducer - the gun felt really comfortable and balanced to shoot. As you would expect it pointed well and the 32" (equiv. to 34" on a o/u) barrels didn't seem over long.

Then the DT11 which was a 30" sporter, initially I noticed a bit of recoil after the auto but then settled into pulverising the clays. It felt very steady which you would expect considering the weight. I would have liked to have tried a 32" which was not available.

Finally on the Beretta stand I tried the new A400 xtreme which has a 3 1/2" chamber and a recoil sytem built into the pistol grip. This was really soft to shoot and the recoil system seemed to work without being a distraction

I was suprised to feel this my favourite of the three even if it was a 28".

On the Browning stand I shot the Maxus auto which was also very soft to shoot and also felt a well sorted gun. The only thing I didn't like was the cartridge feed where you have to feed all the shells from the bottom, it felt like your finger was prone to getting nipped. I supose you would get used to that.

Against that I tried a Winchester SX3 auto which is supposed to be nearly the same as the Maxus.

I prefered the Maxus for some reason it seemed to handle better.

Taking advantage of Sporting Targets clay mate system I finished the morning with some practice on some "bogey" targets especially as I have been having bad rabbit days recently - gave me chance to try some different techniques.

So all in all I felt it was worth the hour and half drive from Lincs, it was well organised and I enjoyed the outing.

I certainly enjoyed the day too, nice round trip from Sporting Targets Wednesday to Sporting Targets today via Manchester & Dundee!!!!

Had the chance to shoot the DT11 again, still very impressive, plus the B725. The B725 certainly offers very good value for money.

Back