Sporting gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always been a die hard fan of Beretta shotguns I use a SV10 no issues at all and a 692 (not an early edition) which is great when it's working but unfortunately has had reliability issues in terms of the ejectors. once for timing and twice for the ejector retaining screw shearing off and another problem for which it has been back to GMK on 4 occasions in total. I also had a screw from the adj stock work loose which I'll accept is my fault and overall the service from GMK has been awful especially when trying to obtain the non standard screw I lost which I eventually got from somewhere else. It is no exaggeration when I say that every shooter I know with a 692 sporter or Skeet model has had issues with either the ejectors or double discharging! and although I was looking forward to the 692 black edition given the price difference and reliability I may well be looking at a 725.
I have issues with my 692. It wont cycle second barell with 24g at all and very occasionally with 27g its same problem I had with 687eell easy fix for me smith so wont bother with gmk.

seems every make and model have little annoying problems these days.

It's not just guns, I believe quality has decreased everywhere, I've got a two year VW Polo with only 20,000 miles on the the clock and it's been back to the dealers seven times with problems.   :frown:

I probably shouldn't but I have come to expect the odd issues with newish products. However it appears to be reaching ridiculous proportions and the same issues are so common place that surely manufacturers and distributors must realise there's a problem which they should have at least rectified on the newer guns coming off the production line. Although I'm keeping my SV10 and 692 they have today been joined by a 725 pro trap and not the 692 Black edition I had been thinking of.

Last edited by a moderator:
ninja

you played a blinder there mate. Any excuse for a new gun in the stable:)

It's not good, but its also not the end of the world, it should close the gap when clipped onto the gun. My previous grade 1 525 used to be like this and I never had any problems with it, just doesn't look great when it's off the gun.
It's a fixad gap and i can see the ejektor pin, so it's a missfit and not acceptable for a gun with a pricetag of 3150£.

Talked to the dealer and he will take it back, no problem. The problem now is that he does not have another one, so now i'm back to square one!

I showed the picture to a Browning guy yesterday at the game fair and he said that this gun should not have left the factory.

So should i go with the regulat 725 or the 692, decision on monday moorning  :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

agree with Andy and with you bonne, its not acceptable on any new gun at any price tag

I would wait, don't replace with something you don't really want!  The black edition 692's and DT11's do look nice and hopefully all the issues with them have been sorted, I read yesterday that Blaser are very soon going to do an adjustable stocked F16.  CG's, although never owned one and not really my cup of tea, have a fantastic reputation for reliability and build quality.

I would wait, don't replace with something you don't really want!  The black edition 692's and DT11's do look nice and hopefully all the issues with them have been sorted, I read yesterday that Blaser are very soon going to do an adjustable stocked F16.  CG's, although never owned one and not really my cup of tea, have a fantastic reputation for reliability and build quality.
Tried the regular F16, and as you said not my cup of tea  :wink:

I will see what will happen, but i can't shoot with the gun that i have now, dealer decision becouse he will send IT back to Browning 

Get it back to browning and get a CG had mine 18 months not missed a beat gun came fixed selector rang them on a Monday morning for a replacement, one came in the post tues morning five min job to change .great after sales too.hope you get it sorted soon Bonnie 

If you do go for an MK38, buy the trap version (I am firmly in the trap gun for sporting camp!) The sporter with multi chokes handles like a plank IMO!! The trap is one of the best clay guns ever, no matter what disciplin you shoot. If you are worried about the tight chokes you can get after market ones added such as Teague. Personally, the chokes don't bother me but they are a bit short in the stock for me off the peg.
Just make a sheet lead spacer, job done !

Just make a sheet lead spacer, job done !
Well I assume you are talking about redressing the balance on the sporter and I am sure that would work just fine but doesn't stop them being as flat as a pancake!!

not a sporter but I am more than pleased with my 692 trap. Paul120 has shot the sporter and was I believe very impressed, he may be along soon to give full report
Yes I ahot one of the first ones..found it softer to shoot than the 725..

Def better than the 682E IMO.

Still not a Perazzi though.. but that's not really comparing like for like.

Well I assume you are talking about redressing the balance on the sporter and I am sure that would work just fine but doesn't stop them being as flat as a pancake!!
No, I have a MK10 Trap and fitted a couple of lead washers to alter the pitch and move the point of balance back towards the hinge pin.

Today it was decision day.

So this is what happend, returned the Browning and bought the Beretta 692 Sporter instead!

Tonight Bonne is happy :smile:

image.jpeg

good man ? I new you wanted too ?

lovely that mate. Enjoy.

Back