"Sportasc" my new idea for enjoyment

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you be running an extreme pool shoot too Steve? :devil:

Booked Saturday morning at 11 with a few other illustrious forum members!

How about a prize for the best forum squad?

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds a great idea Mr lovat

I wish you all well.

If only we could get shoots like this up in Scotland !!

Best of luck, sounds a great event..

...do what I do, pay your money, drive the 5 hours to Wesrfield and shoot it!!!

would you not rather drive 1 hour and shoot it
That would be lovely but I drive an average of an hour and a half to Westfield.
Last weekend I drove 11 hours to shoot.
Kettering to Glasgow
Glasgow to Auchterhouse
And home
Always enjoy shooting, the driving is a means to an end.

That would be lovely but I drive an average of an hour and a half to Westfield. Last weekend I drove 11 hours to shoot. Kettering to Glasgow Glasgow to Auchterhouse And home Always enjoy shooting, the driving is a means to an end.
All I was saying was that we have some great shooting grounds up here and a new concept like this would probably attract a lot of interest....

That would be lovely but I drive an average of an hour and a half to Westfield. Last weekend I drove 11 hours to shoot. Kettering to Glasgow Glasgow to Auchterhouse And home Always enjoy shooting, the driving is a means to an end.

All I was saying was that we have some great shooting grounds up here and a new concept like this would probably attract a lot of interest....
Totally agree.
But sometimes we have to get about to get all the good shooting.

would you not rather drive 1 hour and shoot it
Yes! ...but there is few enough 100 bird sporting shoots up here and there is probably only one ground with enough traps to lay on a 160 bird, 10 stands with 4 traps on each stand...I'd bet money not enough people would be interested in going to make it worth his while, so if I want to shoot something like this...5 hour drive it is!!! :)

Not wanting to interrupt the new 'Scottish debate'  :fie: but there might be an opportunity to get a few of you together here, car/drive share - reduce the costs, increase the enjoyment - talk about shooting for the entire trip. 

I know it doesn't solve the problems of having local shoots, but if it means we get to see your happy smiling faces at more shoots down our way, it could be worth it?

I seriously take my hat off to you and the others who do the same.  :hi:

Car sharing, and meeting good friends has been the best thing about starting shooting.

Oh my gosh.... Longest. Drive. Ever.

Coupled with the shortest legs at a toll booth ever.

How many miles have you racked up on that beemer of yours now Jeremy? You've had it a good 6 months now, so I'm guessing 100k?! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back