southern counties shooting ground to become solar farm.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some research on this as well - using both councils to check, the only Solar Panel permissions in the public domain, was ironically a very small scale plan, for the guy that has (allegedly) complained about the lead fallout.
Yes I found the same! All seems very strange!!

I will have to wait and see how everything pans out, but the way things are looking I'm seriously considering a shooting 'retirement'!

Once SC closes that leaves 2 'local' skeet grounds:

- brook bank who are rumoured to have said that try will put there prices up once SC closes, the value for money side of me would question this!

- Broadmoor an ok/cheap little ground, but very affected by the weather and closes for 4 months during the game season.

Shooting comps twice a month is not going to be enough!

In fact the only other disciple which maybe slightly more viable would be 'nodding dog'/dtl, but I have no interest in that!
No price increases are planned at BB :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sportsman Gun Centre at Exeter profess not to know what is going on for certain at SCSG.  The owner won't tell them anything despite them presumably leasing premises there.  Provided the owner gives proper notice under the lease that is all he is required to do!  They have heard the rumours of the solar farm but can't confirm or deny them.

Sportsman Gun Centre at Exeter profess not to know what is going on for certain at SCSG.  The owner won't tell them anything despite them presumably leasing premises there.  Provided the owner gives proper notice under the lease that is all he is required to do!  They have heard the rumours of the solar farm but can't confirm or deny them.
I was shooting OT over at SC last week, nobody seemed to know anything. Yes they have all heard the stories/rumours, but apparently nobody really knows what's going on. The owner of SC is keeping very quiet, so he is obviously not bothered about the rumours, otherwise he would presumably have issued a statement of some kind by now. At the end of the day it's his land and he will do whatever he thinks is best for him, whether we like it or not!!!

I have moved the posts relating to shooting on holiday to a new thread titled Holiday Shooting.

No problems other than it was getting well away from the original thread.

Latest posts

Back