Southdown SE Inter Counties 5/6 Apr

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it dosent really matter whether it was easy , hard , technical , sloppy indifferent or what ever else , its been and gone so all look forward to the next wherever it might be 

one thing i can tell you is all the target setters i know do not go out to set a crap target , they all must think thats ok and its the job of the shooter to hit them .

it amazes me how in this industry we get applauded and can get criticised so much on so many things , target quality , bacon rolls , entry fee, car parks , etc ,etc .......

in clay shooters every day jobs are they forth coming on a forum to straighten things out , eg clever your gearboes are sh*t they blow up , clynt your oak joints are just too loose and you are too expensive £50 a day plenty for a man with a hammer and saw is plenty why should you profiteer , jim french your windows let draughts in , need i go on ,so come on folks its a shoot , shoot the clays ,hit as many as you can and smile and enjoy it .

steve
but sometimes you do get applauded ...

it'll be time to start on the Essex Masters this time tomorrow .....

Steve your stupid comments were un- called for, totally out of all context, have no debatable structure on this blog and have the amusement factor of tooth ache  

I'm sorry but if this is meant to be witty?? I for one don't find it funny........

anyone who has seen my work or worked with or for me will look at your comment and shake their heads in disbelief .....fact

Do your self a favour and remove it please  

., how off topic can we go :)

personally not a bad shoot but certainly nothing to test the best which is what i think it should have been.

must say i enjoyed it considerably more than any manchester shooting ground selection shoot ive been to! but far less than any grimsthorpe, hodnet or westfield selection shoot ive been to

Steve your stupid comments were un- called for, totally out of all context, have no debatable structure on this blog and have the amusement factor of tooth ache

I'm sorry but if this is meant to be witty?? I for one don't find it funny........

anyone who has seen my work or worked with or for me will look at your comment and shake their heads in disbelief .....fact

Do your self a favour and remove it please
Clynt the comment is not directed at you any more than Clever's is or Jims. They are examples and you lot came to mind first. I'm just stating a fact that when course setters are criticised on here it would be the same as in your profession everyone having big open opinions on your work.

This is our work, my profession and I for one do take offence at some comments but have to let it pass. No course setters go out to set a bad shoot. Just sometimes it doesn't go to plan. We have to put up with comments such as this most Sundays (we - being all ground owners and course setters).

I'm certainly not saying you're over priced or bad at your job. But look at what we've had to take over the years... Those comments have all been there.

Your work is spot on I'm sure, most of the time, just like my clays are spot on, most of the time, but you don't have to have your customers shouting from the forums their view point at the end of your working day. We do. Sometimes I get fed up with it, on my behalf and other grounds behalfs too.

Steve

No insults intended from me, just trying to point out that a shoot is a shoot. It seems unfair that everyone can have open season on them and say whatever.

I heard people talking about the course at the weekend, how bad it was, and they weren't even there. That's the only reason I've come in on it. It's supposed to be encouraging shooters not trying to blow it all up from the inside out.

Maybe they just got it slightly wrong, I got Weston wood slightly wrong at the weekend, it happens.

Steve

Steve, you have to remember opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one! And as such we all have an opinion on shoots. Courses I like might be hated by someone else, yes grounds get it wrong and hopefully they learn from it. As for the shoot last weekend, it was a reasonable course, bit soft for a selection shoot and unfortunately a few technical issues on the Sunday didn't help either.

It had the feel that not a lot of thought had gone in to the shoot as a whole, which is a shame as it was the first selection shoot of the year, keep in mind Graham Brown is doing the English Open at Southdown and that is also a selection shoot, bet that is not won on 99, 97 maybe but not 99 ;-)

it dosent really matter whether it was easy , hard , technical , sloppy indifferent or what ever else , its been and gone so all look forward to the next wherever it might be 

one thing i can tell you is all the target setters i know do not go out to set a crap target , they all must think thats ok and its the job of the shooter to hit them .

it amazes me how in this industry we get applauded and can get criticised so much on so many things , target quality , bacon rolls , entry fee, car parks , etc ,etc .......

in clay shooters every day jobs are they forth coming on a forum to straighten things out , eg clever your gearboes are sh*t they blow up , clynt your oak joints are just too loose and you are too expensive £50 a day plenty for a man with a hammer and saw is plenty why should you profiteer , jim french your windows let draughts in , need i go on ,so come on folks its a shoot , shoot the clays ,hit as many as you can and smile and enjoy it .

steve
I don't get out of bed to blow smoke up your arss if i think one of your stands was S. H. I .T. i will say so , i will also say when your shoot is good. The ones you want to look out for are them that say nothing, one day off a week from fitting draughty windows i don't want coming at me diving on the floor orange or pink clays or orange frogs flopping in the pond ten feet away. See you sunday for one of your over priced breakfasts and i hope a sporting shoot with no technical crap that i can't shoot. 

steve
We'll what a silly statement ? These people I am sure are your customers who pay good hard earned money to be entertained, it's a hobby and if it's not enjoyable they won't go, sounds pretty arrogant to me Sir, looking at what these gentle men do on this statement they must be time served craftsman who have probably carried out a 4/5 year apprentiship through hard work and hard work at college earning for many years while learning there trade very little money !!! Would you be happy just earning £150 a day sir for a hard days work & probably have to wait weeks to get ur money, personally I think ur out of order and people are more than within there rights to say on this blog that there not happy with the shoot and target quality etc and value for money, getting ripped of £1 cup of coffee (instant) etc etc , I'm sure if you hand a tradesman work for you and you were not happy you would complain & maybe not pay him for his work !!!!!!!!

What a can of worms this thread has thrown up. Must get my two pennearth in. Make selection shoots for AA AAA only. interesting what ground owner might be willing to do that? at what price entry fee? how fat the cpsa regional & national gonna get out of it? Can't remember a shoot to easy found plenty to hard,but thats probably a sign of a sh-t shot. 

think youve missed the point some what , firstly setting shoots up is hard work , and then to get a minority moaning that this is crap thats crap probably because they dont have the skill sets to hit them does actually grind a bit 

are we all not supposed to be in it together , it was not long ago on here shooters were worried about grounds closing down alot have gone and some are i know for a fact just looking to do practice , so lets all sing from the same hymm sheet and support and encourage grounds , i for one go to as many mid week shoots as i can all over the country to show support , it seems all too easy to come on here and run down things people are trying to do 

good luck to everyone thats doing the essex masters first big shoot of the year ,no doudt we will here scores and reviews shortly 

steve

If you are addressing my comment's steve I was trying to get at exactly what you are saying would exclusive shoots be economicly viable for you or anybody else for that matter.

bugsey hogan , i would be willing to put a selection shoot on for AA and AAA on say the sunday and also open it for B and C class on the saturday to make it the same for everyone and i have suggested it to cpsa before now .

smithers i have had crap tradesman work for me in our current role and my previous life as a farmer and yes i have told them , always paid them BUT never run them down on a public forum or social network site , that is the point i am making 

so has clever said earlier i am out of this now , goodbye 

So what are we getting at now AA and AAA don't whant to shoot with C and B class shooters?

No insults intended from me, just trying to point out that a shoot is a shoot. It seems unfair that everyone can have open season on them and say whatever.

I heard people talking about the course at the weekend, how bad it was, and they weren't even there. That's the only reason I've come in on it. It's supposed to be encouraging shooters not trying to blow it all up from the inside out.

Maybe they just got it slightly wrong, I got Weston wood slightly wrong at the weekend, it happens.

Steve
Did you get it wrong ? Shot the worst score I have shot for ages 74 but really enjoyed it cheers

All businesses whatever their trade rarely get it right 100 percent of the time.

I must be honest and say that Competition clay shooters are one of the most vocal I have come accross.

Luckily I don't get a public kicking everytime I cock up at work.

I think that as Steve very rightly says no course setter goes out to make a balls up of a shoot and maybe some thought should be given to that end.

:fie:  Who would want to be a target setter/course designer?  Too many wanabees, neverwillbees, doddery idiots with release triggers  I could go on and on? :crazy:  

Back