Southdown FITASC Training Day.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aspire

What a cracking day!....Firstly,it definitely was not softened up!! thankfully!

Started out,cuppa and a bacon buttie,while going over the rules and asking a few questions to our ref/coach for the day,Ben.....Davis?

Moved on out to the first layout around 9:45,it was raining,cold and blowing a gale! Joy! We were talked through everything step by step and took our time to shoot the first 25. Took a bit of getting used to,shooting with the gun mounted that low,had a couple of mismounts,but managed a 19. Was thinking more about getting gun position correct and not moving etc. IMO this was the easiest layout.

Layout 2,still raining,cold and blowy! A bit more instruction from Ben and we shot this layout much quicker. Here I found my groove,by holding the butt further out from under my arm and leaning into it,I could shoot pretty much as I always do,just holding the gun slightly lower. Shot a 23 and was happy with that.

Layout 3. Here we were pretty much left alone and just pulled up on gun errors where necessary. Shot a 22.....used the wrong method on one target,which cost me in my singles and doubles.....had a few shots at it after we'd finished the layout,before moving on. I was stupidly attempting a big swing through,(sorry Ed) but moved my hold point out and just edged the leeed on and smash/smash.

Layout 4,we were pretty much left to shoot again,but a few pointers and reminders when needed. Started well,shooting my first stand straight,moved on to the next stand and dropped 3 of the 9! Having dropped 3 I started trying to see my lead,rather than just shooting them and dropped 3 of the 4 of my singles!!! Stepped out the hoop,got my head together,waited my turn and I had to shoot the same targets that I'd just dropped in my singles,as report pairs. Just let it flow and focused on the bird....2 dead pairs. Ended on a 19.....definitely 3 or 4 light.

So overall 19/23/22/19,putting me on 83. I think there was an 88/89 for me there,but giving away a few on the first layout,getting used to new things and making a couple of silly mistakes cost me the rest. But fairly happy with that as my first outing at FITASC.

Ben was a great bloke,easy to get on with and gave good instruction. Sean had set some fantastic targets! Unassuming from one stand,to a STONKER on the next! Some of the best targets I have ever shot and made even harder by the weather! Definitely will be at The Winter Series and shooting more FITASC.

Everyone who didn't attend this,certainly missed out! If they do another day,snap it up!

Edit....only had one gun error :) Was expecting a lot more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Davies is right... if I am not mistaken, he won the WLSS FITASC Sporting on Wednesday with a terrific 94....

Sounds like you had a fantastic day... excellent stuff from Southdown!

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Ah....makes sense! No wonder he was so well versed.

Yep,hats off to Southdown!

great review, was really hoping to make this one but unfortunately at a surprise 50th that had to attend

especially liked the sentence regarding trying to see  your lead rather than just shooting, cost me a fair share last week.

oh and bloody well shot

See you at WLSS next time mate. Hopefully in the summer.. Talk of EJC doing a summer Fitasc too..
Is that so? Excellent idea... they don't do much FITASC Sporting as it is... so some summer ones, very welcome.

Sounds like a good day, they even managed to arrange the weather to acclimatise you for the winter series. :spiteful: :spiteful: :nyam: :nyam:

Latest posts

Back