Skeet Coverage Commonwealth Games?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice , silver for Drew ...which is damn impressive as I believe there is around 7 people who shoot Olympic skeet in Scotland and most of them shot it in Greece at the first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be a bit worried if I owned a Beretta though, the Gold medalists was held together with white insulation tape. Perhaps Beretta will give him a new one now.

Be a bit worried if I owned a Beretta though, the Gold medalists was held together with white insulation tape. Perhaps Beretta will give him a new one now.
What is the deal with the white tape? Ported barrels?

Also what's the deal with the TV hit markers ? Keep changing!

Also looks like some weird half choke barrel extension on M Allens gun! Anyone know?

With regards to the extended choke in just 1 barrel. It is there for a reason, it has apparently been costing a fortune to replace the shooters white trainers and this device has been fitted to all of their guns so they only leave 1 black ring on the aforementioned trainers, thus getting double the wear before replacement. It is all down to a severe lack of funding, I fear.   :hi:

With regards to the extended choke in just 1 barrel. It is there for a reason, it has apparently been costing a fortune to replace the shooters white trainers and this device has been fitted to all of their guns so they only leave 1 black ring on the aforementioned trainers, thus getting double the wear before replacement. It is all down to a severe lack of funding, I fear.   :hi:
I did wonder about that, thanks for the explanation  :biggrin:

What not a lot may know is that both families have their roots in Dumfriesshire - The Frenches in upper Annandale and the Scotts in nearby Eskdale ..............OK so it was back in the 1500s but still

What not a lot may know is that both families have their roots in Dumfriesshire - The Frenches in upper Annandale and the Scotts in nearby Eskdale ..............OK so it was back in the 1500s but still
That's almost as ridculous as Great Britain claiming The Canadians Greg Rusedski and Lennox Lewis, the South Africans Zola Budd and Tony Greig as being British just because we didn't have anyone competitive from home grown stock?

Actually Bryn, perhaps Scotland should put in a claim for their medals??   :biggrin:   It might work!

Well it works for Fiji, Tonga, Samoa All Blacks.

More an observation than anything else, "a host of Moffats, Frenches and Bells all armed to the teeth came to Clarefute........", "Scott of Buccleuch led a raid on Arthuret in the Dutchy of Lancaster and burnt a grange therein.........." an everyday tale of reiving families  :whistle:

Latest posts

Back