Skeet Coverage Commonwealth Games?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just turned on the 10m rifle coverage and thought my computer screen had frozen until I saw someone in the audience move!!

Blimey I thought watching paint dry was boring !!

DT

Bumbling commentary aside, that was good viewing. Great shoot-out.. no.. play-off.. no.. definitely shoot-off. Let's stick with shoot-off.

I wonder how many none shooters watched it and did they follow it and did they enjoy it ?

I think very few, i can just about watch ot on issf but i don't think i could endure skeet.

Why was the Cypriot shooter in third place wearing an Elvis impersonators wig on the rostrum :)

DT

Camera work was crap in my opinion. All the cameraman had to do was keep the bloody camera still and we would have been able to see all the target kills, instead of him trying to chase the clay out of each house.

The commentator had a good try, but made lots of mistakes. Why don't they just ask a shooter to commentate?

Shame we didn't have a proper chase for the medals. If Amber had been watching the finals and seen how many targets were missed, she must have been kicking herself ?

I watched this at work this afternoon and quite enjoyed actually seeing Clay Shooting of any type on TV.

It must be more than 15 years since I stepped on a Skeet range in anger, so inspired by what I saw, I thought I fancy having a go at that. At least for me every target is hitable (just not every time!), unlike those on a Trap layout.

So I flipped onto the CPSA website and looked at fixtures for the coming month in OSK.

Using the Filter by County function, I started with Devon, Nothing. Cornwall, Nothing, Somerset, Nothing, Wiltshire, Nothing and not wanting to travel the country, gave up!

Guess I'll stick with what little Sporting is on offer within an hour of my home (and that isn't much!). Skeetfreak got it so right when he says about investing in facilities. If they don't exist, don't expect a following.   :fie:

Which might account for the low number of total entries. I do not know of any OSK in the North West.

Just turned on the 10m rifle coverage and thought my computer screen had frozen until I saw someone in the audience move!!

Blimey I thought watching paint dry was boring !!

DT
You need to watch finals for pistol and rifle comps otherwise one has to say that they are not really spectator sports.  With finals the lead chops and changes and it can be spellbinding.  As you say it needs a discipline shooter to commentate!

Just finding it on the TV is challenging enough, what with 6 red button channels BBC 1 & 2 & 3, online and using the schedule times in the RT the EPG and goodness knows what else and none saying the same thing.  My missus was just watching Netball (she used to play) and they switched the channels mid-way through and she gave up and turned over and watched Corry!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/commonwealth-games/28218045

Also found it on smart TV but not on sky box 

Dissapointed lauren mark isnt shooting in her trademark kit 

647072-lauryn-mark.jpg

Have to say camera angles are pants can't see the clays in flight or half the hits!

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from work and watched it on I-player, thoroughly enjoyed it. AMber will be fine once she gets over her disappointment and uses it as a stepping stone to greater things ...............unless she discovers boys & etc.,

Quite shocked at the low entry numbers

been looking for OSK grounds within travelling distance and they are few and far between, for me Kippen and NASG are about it

I watched this at work this afternoon and quite enjoyed actually seeing Clay Shooting of any type on TV.

It must be more than 15 years since I stepped on a Skeet range in anger, so inspired by what I saw, I thought I fancy having a go at that. At least for me every target is hitable (just not every time!), unlike those on a Trap layout.

So I flipped onto the CPSA website and looked at fixtures for the coming month in OSK.

Using the Filter by County function, I started with Devon, Nothing. Cornwall, Nothing, Somerset, Nothing, Wiltshire, Nothing and not wanting to travel the country, gave up!

Guess I'll stick with what little Sporting is on offer within an hour of my home (and that isn't much!). Skeetfreak got it so right when he says about investing in facilities. If they don't exist, don't expect a following.   :fie:
Take a peek at the Gloucester Skeet web pages, they have / run OSK comps so would imagine some practice sessions also

Watching Mens Skeet right now.

Rory just won the Bronze, but is that Ed Solomons in the crowd behind wearing a red top?    :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back