Simple question for the GAMEBORE shooter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiocchi f black just saying..........I used some hull pro this weekend I thought they were a bit thumpy and very dirty, I guess cartridge choice is down to personal preference I know someone who can't stand the smell of some powders........ Silence the competition....... www.proshock.co.uk
Under recommendation I purchased a slab of Fiocchi FBlack 81/2 - through my Muller U2 & U3 & have to say these were awesome, I was extremely impressed with the quality of kills "Smokin"

I just can't manage that 'distance' cartridge. Dropping a different thing in the barrel so alters my head that any ballistic 'advantage' is more than negated. Just me. Just saying.. Like choke, I use just one, that will do any job and get on with it. (In my own poor fashion)..

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it's more to do with the slight mental edge but also the Black Gold's are faster then the White Gold's and have a little more killing energy at distance. Even if the difference is very small if it helps mentally then that's fine with me.

Will it's more to do with the slight mental edge but also the Black Gold's are faster then the White Gold's and have a little more killing energy at distance. Even if the difference is very small if it helps mentally then that's fine with me.
Yes I get the theory. But it's reversed when I do it.. I associate missing with these cartridges because I have had a poor kill rate with them, due to the target nature..

White cartridge to always be trusted....? There is only one..... Fiocchi Golden Trap......just saying...!!

Just like there is only one 'top' calendar for 2014.....as my Facebook page shows ......ah hahahahaha

Everyone........willllll.....waaaaaaaant....iiiiiiiiiiiiittt :wink:

For the Gamebore fans, it is worth trying the new EJ Churchill cartridges. Made by Gamebore specially, I gather they have been developed with Mark Marshall and are similar to an F2, but not the same. Apparently extremely smooth. I haven't tried them as yet..

Black Gold's kill close targets too!!  Can't stand all the faffing about swapping a "distance" cartridge with a "medium range" cartridge or a "close" cartridge. That must screw with your brain??

If one cartridge will do it all then use it all the time, then there is never a doubt if you have used the "right" cartridge.

Just my biased view of course??  :biggrin:

Black Gold's kill close targets too!!  Can't stand all the faffing about swapping a "distance" cartridge with a "medium range" cartridge or a "close" cartridge. That must screw with your brain??

If one cartridge will do it all then use it all the time, then there is never a doubt if you have used the "right" cartridge.

Just my biased view of course??  :biggrin:
I can understand different shot size malarky but different shells altogether is a bit much. 

Each to their own fellas, I very rarely use 2 different types of shell when shooting and in fact liberated the 2 Black Golds from another shooter. I do subscribe to the one shell one choke shooting theory but needed a little mental edge on Sunday.

I use Gambore Velocities plastic wad for all types of trap. Great shells, super breaks, very clean (unlike the White Golds I tried, which had loads of unburnt falkes left in the barrels!) and very reasonable @ 154 per 1000.

Bit of a girly case though!

I like Black Golds too but my 682 Gold E doesn't have the head space for them (the recoil system is marginally deeper) so White Golds it is. I quite like the EVO's too. It's probably just coincidence that I got some better kills with the EVOs one day so I use them whenever the White Golds aren't in stock.

White gold for everything never found anything they can't break. I find them very soft and they dust clays.

FOB Vipers for me with the BM3 for the big target, FOB vipers are a cracking shell & £40 a thousand cheaper than Whitegolds 'no contest'

Both are very good but only if you turn the heads so the GAMEBORE reads across the top when in the chamber.otherwise you may as well throw a stone at the clay.

Its all part of their preshot routine, I do it sometimes when I need to refocus after a miss or two...

I do that - how does it annoy any one?

I use it to slow myself down in the cage and anchor my pre-shot routine. It doesn't affect anyone else.

Latest posts

Back