Should all police be armed.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 It MUST be remembered that any armed Officer has seconds to make the decision to shoot or not and MOST of the time,  at night or in poor lighting conditions. You are told, during 'Training' that nobody can 'order' you to pull the trigger. That is a  YOURS and YOURS alone decision and you have to be able to JUSTIFY your actions afterwards. 
This is the crux of the matter, after many years and a lot of experience in a similar type background as you, it became more a liability than of use to carry a firearm. i do not envy the police or defense forces who have to now justify any action by themselves.

Bebo 'Adrian' was actually Khalid Masoodanother good old English name.

F8ccng Vermin.

My partners son is an officer in the police armed response unit. He is a very unassuming quiet lad. There is nothing GungHoh about him at all. I know that he would be mortified if he actually had to shoot somebody. But if it meant saving innocent lives I am sure he would not hesitate.

On the other hand,there is a guy comes to our clay shooting club who claims to be a retired firearms protection officer who has guarded royalty and airports during terror alerts. His best score at sporting is 14 out of 50. Thank god he has retired,we would all be in danger.

They are one of the worst - homophobic, misogynistic - I would be very sceptical of giving them ANY money ever.  See here for a catalogue of their anti LGBT activities.

You win the internet today. well done!
I did not know about the homophobic tendency. That doesn't encourage me as I am very very liberal and have had a few gay friends incl a lesbian I dated for six months (that's another story from the river bank said hamster...no not ours the other one. Folk under fifty probably don't get that bit ?)

Hamster and Guinea Pig on a riverboat with IPS and his Lesbian girlfriend? 

I did not know about the homophobic tendency. That doesn't encourage me as I am very very liberal and have had a few gay friends incl a lesbian I dated for six months (that's another story from the river bank said hamster...no not ours the other one. Folk under fifty probably don't get that bit ?)
Had a few gay friends,looking at you in a different light.?

I admit to having been propositioned but politely declined due to the fact that it would have been a terrible waste to womankind ?

I think religion should be treated in the same way as a tinky-winky.  I have no problem with you having one, it's fine for you to be proud of it, it's only if you try to shove it in my face that I have a problem.  :wink:
7jV0D.png

Hi

Been involved in major incident with regard to terrorism. (Manchester 1996 as a staff nurse). I really do not give a xxxx about what the motivation is, all i know is that i have witnessed suffering of innocent people and i do not think that arming every policeman will cure the issue.

Damon

Precisely, we continue to treat the effect and not the cause. Did we have so much Islamic terrorism pre US led invasions of the ME ? You reap what you sow as the saying goes and I don't say so glibly because it has affected me personally in far more negative ways that it ever hopefully would most of us. 
...yes, the "ME" has been at war with itself and the rest of the world for 1,000's of years, as far back as written words can record!!! That's just human nature, expand and seize land...EVERY conflict the world has ever seen is about land, who owns it, who wants it, who wants to take it away from who...religion is normally the justification for the conflict,

"I am killing you and taking your land (along with all its wealth) not for me, no for (inset appropriate version of God) ...I kill you in his name and glory!!!"  

OK - back to the OP

Lest I be misunderstood, I don't like the filth and I'm most def not comfortable with them carrying firearms.  BUT I am as well a pragmatic realist and when push comes to shove the firearms come out just like they do in GB.  A firearm resolved the situation a couple days ago.  Do you want the general police population to carry them?  All of the time?  How do you decide when and where it's appropriate?  So your police heavies have a fast response time.  BFD - one minute can be a disaster.  The easy solution has been in action here forever.  Your, GB, method has deprived all subjects (law abiding ones anyway) of handguns to what effect?  Protect the police?

well that all can go on forever

best of luck with whatever you come up with

i know one thing all religions have in common. MONEY you can donate as much as you want to any religion.
i think I'm right in saying  that the church of England is the biggest landowner in the country !   they still like donations though ,   tad greedy me thinks !

I think you are correct I have heard same thing..its big business this god mallarkey.

Funny how the men who preach of gods and holiness send others off to fight and die for their make believe gods. You never hear of priests or imams fighting and dying. 

We regularly carry and use shotguns (and no doubt an number of contributors here also have Section 1 firearms) for sporting use in pursuit of our hobby.  And we are happy to do so.  However, carrying a firearm with the view to potentially using it on another human being is a completely different matter.  Placing that burden routinely on all Police Officers I feel is neither fair or justified.  Carrying a firearm should be voluntary as it now is.    

You never hear of priests or imams fighting and dying. 
Knights Templars? 

Last edited by a moderator:
knowing ow long it takes to issue a licence at the moment then I don't think there is enough time to arm all officers before they retire!!!!!!!!!!

Back