Shotgun case

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darylt66

Looking to buy a quality gun case for transporting shotgun. Preferably in leather but not essential.  Have been considering Browning or Miroku cases but they don't seem to be available in the U.K. Case will need  to accommodate barrels of up to 32".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Daryl

It depends on where you intend to travel with it. If it is just from house to car and back again, go for the leather variety such as the Guardian range at around £100. If you intend to travel by plane, then one of the aluminium double locking variety would be more substantial. Browning make an aluminium type for around the same price,  second hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Negrini cases.  Available from continental shooting supplies at noth Ayrshire. They do mail order .

It's what the top italian  brand gun makers supply their guns in.

Guardian stuff is cack, I have a slip and motor case..
I have a canvas and leather case of theirs and to carry my gun to and from the car it has been great. I would not want to carry it for any public transport travel, including rail, but it has served it's purpose AND is still doing so. I bought it some 8 years ago and it has seen regular use. Using a motor cycle wire rope and padlock, it fastens to something solid in most hotel rooms, the forend stays concealed in the car. I have then taken all precautions to secure the gun whilst dining.

We've used a double Negrini case that we bought secondhand 4 years ago for air travel and it's still doing the job just fine. Leather case is nice if just driving to shoots and are a lovely thing to have but not if going on a plane.

http://www.ziegeleng.com/pg2.htm

I'm sure that these are a distant possibility but they are what I've used for near 30years.  Gent I know got a full length rifle one for his buff cannon and it went to South Africa and back without loosing zero.  I currently have three of the things in different sizes/configurations and have never regretted buying them.  They make a Pelican seem like a ziploc bag.  I've seen guns in Nigrini-Perazzi cases badly damaged by airlines and have never taken that chance myself.  But then that could just me I suppose

Latest posts

Back