Shooting the DT11 Sporter.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBERT6500

I was shooting the New DT11 Sporter today at Wylye and I have to say I was very, very impressed.

Everything about it felt right. The handling was superb in the 32 inch and the balance was great.

I even tried a box of the 21 gram Hull Comp X fibre cartridge through it and it was faultless. It murdered the 60yd crosser on the bank with them, so that's that theory/worry out of the window.

But at £5,750-ish I doubt I'll ever have one. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shooting the New DT11 Sporter today at Wylye and I have to say I was very, very impressed.

Everything about it felt right. The handling was superb in the 32 inch and the balance was great.

I even tried a box of the 21 gram Hull Comp X fibre cartridge through it and it was faultless. It murdered the 60yd crosser on the bank with them, so that's that theory/worry out of the window.

But at £5,750-ish I doubt I'll ever have one. :(
You don't know how glad I am to hear this.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shooting the New DT11 Sporter today at Wylye and I have to say I was very, very impressed. Everything about it felt right. The handling was superb in the 32 inch and the balance was great. I even tried a box of the 21 gram Hull Comp X fibre cartridge through it and it was faultless. It murdered the 60yd crosser on the bank with them, so that's that theory/worry out of the window. But at £5,750-ish I doubt I'll ever have one. :(
Doubt if it shoots any better than an old £600 Miroku. It's where you point the dangerous end that is most important, not the price.

I picked one up at Malmo's, it didn't feel to bad but the comb height was way too low, about the same as an old Browning. I should think that you will be given a choice of dimensions to suit you.

Picked one up the other day and felt decidedly indifferent to me. I'm with Angelfire on this one.

I am biased as I have had mine since February and love it.

Changed from a 30" 682E Gold Sporter to a 32" DT11.

My scores are improving but that may also be more practise.

The one thing I have noticed with it is that I no longer seem to chip any clays, I either miss or destroy.

This may all be in my mind but there you go.

handled a 32" at brierley last week. feels like it would be just too much gun for me .

Picked up a 30" sporter at the Newark shooting show and the first thing that came across was the massive palm swell. I also had a look at the 32" trap version which to seemed to suit me better, the feel and balance of the gun seemed right.

Apparently all versions come with different comb height options, so I guess some of it is what comb height you actually pick up or try.

Look forward to trying one I think Orston currently have one on demo and Sporting Targets on the 28th.

I picked one up at Malmo's, it didn't feel to bad but the comb height was way too low, about the same as an old Browning. I should think that you will be given a choice of dimensions to suit you.
With you on the comb :( Had a look at James Hands' one at Northampton, put it in my shoulder and had a great view if the top lever :lol:

To be fair IF I was to have a moment of madness and chop the mk38 in, first thing I would do is get an adjustable comb and a recoil reducer fitted anyway ;)

must admit it fitted me like a glove....and it shot well....platic and fibre.....its a thumbs up from me but i will stick to my big bertha....

Latest posts

Back