Shooting "city break" - Morocco?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel Jones

The SPO* would like a short break before Christmas and has suggested Marrakech.  I'm not inclined to sit around whilst she is enjoying the spa, so does anyone have any experience of shooting near there?

Alternatively, any other suggestions?  Cyprus might be an option from a quick look online.

It will only be for 3 nights or possibly 4, so has to be a sensible distance away.

* shooting permission officer

Marrakech, amazing.... forget the gun, its a beautiful place. 

Have you thought about Birmingham? New leisure facility at NEC, fabulous railway station at New Street, visit WW Greener, Westley Richards, shoot at WMSG, Ian Butlers, Oakedge and lots of nationalities, you may be lucky and bump into Mr.Khan or Me :lol: :D . There you go it's in black & white.

I am with Robert. Been to agadir, never ever again

Thanks guys.  Already been to Morocco, albeit about 15 years ago.  Highlights of that trip involved a traffic jam featuring car horns that sounded like demented camels (just below our window), the fact that everyone was on the take (including the 90 year old "chef from your hotel" who gave us a guided tour and then demanded a small fortune, which he didn't get) and the restaurant staff who stole my wife's wristwatch.  Hoping this one will be better.

Its a very different country - moderate Muslims, very cosmopolitan. 
Moderate Muslims, I like that, I haven't bumped into another type in over half a century meself. 

I don't like hols in certain places because I just don't do camely, old markety, low living standardy kind of place, nothing to do with religion in other words, same as I wouldn't go on certain Christian African/South American country holiday because my heart can't take seeing perpetual poverty.

Back to Moderate, who defines this perplexing term ? America for instance has been sending tons of arms to certain factions IT considers good Muslims (even though they're bombing hell out of their government and eating other Muslims hearts) whilst it drones others from 10 miles away through bleary images IT happens to believe are immoderate Muslims ! They (America) happen to be mainly Christian of course and we don't know whether they can be termed moderate or immoderate themselves, history would tend to take the latter view, so is holidaying there safe (or moral) ? 

and your going again .... Because ?
Because the SPO says so...of course : )

It wasn't all bad and I've been to much worse.  I also quite like cous cous.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderate Muslims, I like that, I haven't bumped into another type in over half a century meself. 

I don't like hols in certain places because I just don't do camely, old markety, low living standardy kind of place, nothing to do with religion in other words, same as I wouldn't go on certain Christian African/South American country holiday because my heart can't take seeing perpetual poverty.

Back to Moderate, who defines this perplexing term ? America for instance has been sending tons of arms to certain factions IT considers good Muslims (even though they're bombing hell out of their government and eating other Muslims hearts) whilst it drones others from 10 miles away through bleary images IT happens to believe are immoderate Muslims ! They (America) happen to be mainly Christian of course and we don't know whether they can be termed moderate or immoderate themselves, history would tend to take the latter view, so is holidaying there safe (or moral) ? 
Agreed - that was probably shorthand for it being a very different trip to say, Saudi or Bahrain, or even Dubai - I meant that Morocco (particularly Marrakech) is very similar to being on holiday in a cosmopolitan European city... 

Apologies if that sounded different to that. 

Agreed - that was probably shorthand for it being a very different trip to say, Saudi or Bahrain, or even Dubai - I meant that Morocco (particularly Marrakech) is very similar to being on holiday in a cosmopolitan European city... 

Zero need for apologies Matt, I am in a very different place conceptually  :) , I often see things differently, words and notions interest me, I see the wrinkles, I feel the twists  :D , once in a while I can't help but reach out to see if anyone else sees the illusion. 

So are certain parts of Tunisia, however you then get some crack pot who has been brainwashed into believing that what he is doing furthers, in some way, the lot of Muslim's . I worked and was a good friend of a very devout Muslim, a nicer and more understanding person you could not meet but even he agreed that there were elements that whilst purporting to be furthering the world of Islam did nothing of the sort and should not be allowed to call themselves a Muslim. You can draw parallels in all religions though to some extent. But let us be clear I recently visited Berlin for a few days... has nobody ever been ripped off there? When it comes to terrorism I have actually not heard of many problems in Morocco... the same could have been said for Tunisia though however all countries of the world have some weirdo factions trying to gain attention for "their  particular cause".

for the record my desire not to return was not based on anything to do with religion it is purely that I disliked the place generally and disliked the constant barrage of offers to buy some tat for extortionate cost oh and the offers to purchase Mrs ips for 100 camels, ....... 200 maybe :)

My objection to returning to Tunisia would simply be the amount of cheeky gits who thought it was okay to pinch my bum whenever they felt like it and of course the total disregard for animals.  I found that very hard to deal with.

Latest posts

Back