Shootclay shoot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prefer a Saturday (in which case I may drag the OH and some friends along).  I tend to hoard my precious leave days for trips up to the EJC registered shoot.

I haven't discussed this with EJC yet, but one possibility might be to do this at the Thursday reg shoot, so just the £35 (£39 comp) 100 course. But I would try and add a catering package and maybe a meeting / food area for the SC folk. All just thoughts at the moment.

I can't wait,I'm really looking forward to us all being able to moan about it on here.??

If its a weekday there will obviously be a lot of people who would like to shoot it that won't be able to so it only makes sense to do it at a weekend.

Many of us mere mortals have to work!

A weekday would be better for me as I have to work every Saturday. And iam always shooting reg sporting on Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be keen to attend, only barrier would be work commitments most of which can be managed with enough notice

I'm keen on this subject to -

1. It's All Round rather than Sporting. That will ensure there's something to interest everyone, irrespective of the discipline they shoot.

2. It's Midlands based to ensure the best possible attendance. Anything south of Nottingham is too far for me (and probably many others).

1. It's All Round rather than Sporting. That will ensure there's something to interest everyone, irrespective of the discipline they shoot.

2. It's Midlands based to ensure the best possible attendance. Anything south of Nottingham is too far for me (and probably many others).
Point 1 sounds good, Point 2 - equally, Nottingham is Way too far north ..

This will always be a "can't please everybody". Date, day of week, venue, discipline shot, price = too much variable to really please more than 30% of a diverse online audience. I really think others should organise a higher midlands one and a Northern one, maybe even a southwest one. Apologies, I hope to get onto sorting the one in my area, which would very likely be at EJC if it happens. In the friendliest possible tone, I wouldn't attend a trappie version far north of me, but that's fine, just doesn't work for me. Enjoy, all that go to it though. ??

1.What so trappies get twice as much as sporting shooters?

2.Nottingham!!

This will always be a "can't please everybody". Date, day of week, venue, discipline shot, price = too much variable to really please more than 30% of a diverse online audience. I really think others should organise a higher midlands one and a Northern one, maybe even a southwest one. Apologies, I hope to get onto sorting the one in my area, which would very likely be at EJC if it happens. In the friendliest possible tone, I wouldn't attend a trappie version far north of me, but that's fine, just doesn't work for me. Enjoy, all that go to it though. ??
Agreed, it's difficult to please everyone but if this is to be a Shoot Clay event surely it ought to be as inclusive as possible. We've a good selection of trap, skeet and sporting shooters contributing to the website. Let's organise a shoot that plays to everyone's strengths (and weaknesses) and gives everyone a fair chance of doing well.

Choosing a central location is obvious really. It may involve some travelling but, if we want this to be a shoot clay event, rather than just a local sporting shoot, so be it.

Agreed, it's difficult to please everyone but if this is to be a Shoot Clay event surely it ought to be as inclusive as possible. We've a good selection of trap, skeet and sporting shooters contributing to the website. Let's organise a shoot that plays to everyone's strengths (and weaknesses) and gives everyone a fair chance of doing well.

Choosing a central location is obvious really. It may involve some travelling but, if we want this to be a shoot clay event, rather than just a local sporting shoot, so be it.
I do see your view Jan. Honestly, I'm not precious about this, if somewhere such as Garlands or wherever, hosting a mixed event is what folk want, then please somebody research doing it. I would travel for that if it was a big take up. My only possibility to organise it is EJC, predominantly sporting, because I am an Ambassador for them. 

Very happy to go with the flow.

For the southern sporting folk, we can just meet up at EJC less formally perhaps.

You say Central and any further than Nottingham is to far for you....about an hour for you but four hours for us southerners is OK?

Should we not get an idea of where the majority of people who want to shoot it are before we decide where is central to them?

Any more than a couple of hours for most people is to much.

Maybe a North and a South then a North vs South comp if there is interest?

Or maybe have a Trap and a Sporting shoot not so inclusive i know but more people may shoot overall?

As for all round could we not make our own format of 4 disciplines and have a vote.....i personally cannot stand the excitement of shooting Single Barrel ;)

As for it being a Sporting only shoot it would be easier to arrange from the shoot perspective and opens up a lot more grounds? i would then vote Westfield/Windrush if Steve would do it. 

193 miles!!
Well, yes, I'm generalising that being just off M40 it is easy to find and many people travelling 100 miles manage most of it on Motorways; from most directions. Certainly heard some accents from Upnorthshire there. 

Latest posts

Back